Original topic:

Galaxy Watch 4 lock

(Topic created: 10-22-2021 06:01 AM)
artyfreak2010
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Ok, so I've been using Samsung pay on my watch with a pin for as long as it's been around (I got my first smart watch in 2014). However, I'm getting really agitated at the watch 4 lock setup. On previous watches yhe pin protected your pay app, which I'm fine with for security purposes. Now however, the watch won't fully start working until thr pin is put in. I've lost multiple instances of health data (a whole noght of sleep last might for one)because I forgot to put the pin in after I strapped on my watch. It also drains your battery because it won't pair to your phone until you put your pin in. I tried to get rid of the pin and it said it would reset my Samsung pay info. Can't we just go back to thr old way? Or at least let the watch work in thr background (connecting to phone and tracking health) but you just can't interact until you put your pin in?
7 Replies
Home_in_BKK
Nebula
Options
Galaxy Watch

Mine was locked during sleep hours and it's still tracking my sleep.  

artyfreak2010
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Was it already unlocked and paired to your phone? Because mine didn't track anything and I've also found it doesn't count steps if I havent put thr pin in
0 Likes
Home_in_BKK
Nebula
Options
Galaxy Watch
If initially boot up or restart the watch then you have to unlock before use. Yes mine was unlocked and paired. It was locked during sleeping hours. The last watch software, it's staying unlock after it's unlocked when I goto bed. It was locked during sleeping hours. My guess was that my phone was set to optimize at 3am and it's lost connection. The watch did still track my sleep. I have been seeing all sleeping data since I got the watch.
0 Likes
artyfreak2010
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
In my instance I had just pulled it off my charger (powered off) and strapped in on. Unfortunately, because I never unlocked it, it didn't get any information
0 Likes
SamsungQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch

I can understand how problematic this issue can be. I see that you have done some troubleshooting already. The next step I recommend would be to try resetting your watch using these steps here. 

0 Likes
artyfreak2010
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
You provided no steps and it appears that it's a design issue not a is a bug issue
0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand your concern with your device not tracking as expecting. I would be happy to look into this further for you. Can you please provide me with your full model number, baseband version, Bluetooth or LTE, Device your watch is paired with, and the Android version on your device?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes