Original topic:

Galaxy Watch 4 not waking on notifications.

(Topic created: 11-09-2022 10:20 AM)
Mikeeeey
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
I am having a new issue with my Galaxy Watch 4 not waking on notifications, messages or phone calls. This is only the last 2 days. The notifications are there if you swipe right. I am also unable to answer calls or texts on the watch as they don't display. I have rebooted and factory reset my watch. The issue is still there. Anyone else having this problem? 

6 Replies
MaxField
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Well, this is absolutely strange. As a crazy solution – does the watch “understand” that it is on your wrist. For example – Does AOD keep showing the watchface. If it is not, then this could be the cause – why it is not walking up on the notifications.

Also, note that if something coming between your watch and wrist. For example – tattoo on wrist. This may cause the phone to think it is not on the wrist.

Also, make sure that your Galaxy Watch4 Plugin has notifications Access permission granted. Many phone also like to revoke the permission often.

Follow this and see if this fixes your issue.

Prevention Is Better Than Cure
Mikeeeey
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Thanks for the reply MaxField. I don't use AOD, no tattoo and all notification access granted. I'm stumped. 🤔
0 Likes
CPB
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
I heard with the galaxy watch 4's the latest update for them have been making the watches malfunction and brick in some cases.
0 Likes
Mikeeeey
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Thanks for the reply CPB. I did update on October 11th no issues working fine. This new issue is in the last two days. Strange. I hope Samsung is working on a patch or update to fix soon.
CPB
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
That's would be amazing if they did, I have noticed a string of botched updates from them lately hopefully they get them all fixed
Mikeeeey
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
It seems Samsung pushed a watch software update on November 11 size 104.31 MB and after rebooting the watch the notifications have been restored. This fixes the issue.
0 Likes