I pre-ordered a Galaxy Watch 4 44mm and the Wireless Charger Duo in August and I received them 13 days ago.
Since last Monday, Sep 6, a few weird things started to happen.
1. I put the watch to charge on the Wireless Charger Duo, and the watch immediately restarted. I waited and it looked fine and started charging. After 30 min or so, I went back to check the watch and it was on "Odin mode" (or "download mode"). I restarted again and left it charging. Again, after about 30 min I went to check, it was on "Odin mode". Restarted again, left it charging and it seemed to be okay.
2. Yesterday, Sep 7, I put it to charge, after 10min or so I heard a different notification sound, came to check and there was a message saying "Charging paused", and another saying "Can't charge. Watch needs to cool down".
3. Another thing likely related to the overheating problem, twice while the watch was charging, I took a look and the watch was on "airplane mode" and I could not turn the airplane mode off, nothing happened when I touched the icon, it was stuck and I had to restart the watch.
Since then, I can't leave my watch charging without checking it and let it cool down every 5 or 10 minutes. That's of course not acceptable and it's clear there is a problem with the watch.
I'm attaching pictures I took this morning
Solved! Go to Solution.
Try using the stock charging cable. If you have the same issue then there is most likely an issue with the watch. If it charges fine with the stock cable, then there might an issue with your charging station.
I have the charging stand that came with the original Galaxy Watch and have the same overheating warning if I try to charge the GW4 on it. My GW4 charges fine using the standard cable though.
Using the wireless charger that comes with the watch takes ages to fully charge. My watch had 9% battery at 9:50 AM EDT (as you can see on the screenshots above), I put it on the stock cable right after, now is 3:40 PM EDT and the battery level it's at 53%. It's ridiculous slow, something is wrong with the watch
Thank you for that information. The next step would be a service repair. You could also contact your place of purchase to see what options they may have available. If you wish to set your device up for service, please feel free to reach out to us directly via one of the following options and include a link to this thread.
1. Facebook Messenger: http://m.me/samsungsupport
2. Twitter: https://twitter.com/messages/compose?recipient_id=18768513
3. Or you can use the following link below to request service. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/
4. Private message: https://bit.ly/3fbRevo
Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.