JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Watch series persistent voicemail notifications - Samsung lack of customer service

(Topic created: 04-15-2022 08:03 AM)
realaud
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy Watch

I am really not loving this Samsung support model, which appears to be "let's start a community and let users solve each other's problems and we won't have to do anything at all" and maybe you can hope that Samsung support will see your post and weigh in.

Samsung must develop a way to dismiss persistent notifications. I don't need a constant notification on my watch of a voicemail that does not exist. It wastes battery power and annoys the user. THERE IS NO VOICEMAIL. At the very, very least, the notification should disappear when the voice mailbox is accessed (message or not). There also is absolutely no reason for a notification to be ongoing. If a user saw a notification and chose to ignore it, there is no reason to keep reminding them of it. ONGOING NOTIFICATIONS SHOULD NOT EXIST.

I noticed that even when there is a legitimate voicemail notification, I cannot dismiss it until I access the voicemail. This is wrong. At the very least there should be a setting whereby you can a) select if you want notifications to be ongoing and b) select how many times and at what intervals you want to be reminded, or c) not have an ongoing notification at all.

I understand this particular issue seems to be with the Galaxy Watch 4 and T-Mobile, and T-Mobile says their Samsung tech liaison team is working with Samsung, and Samsung will, supposedly, eventually come up with a fix for it. But it would not be happening in the first place if any of the suggestions above were utilized. I also understand that some people have had success with resolving this issue by factory resetting their watch. I refuse factory reset my watch for a minor issue, especially when the backup data may contain whatever error is causing this, and I don't want to have to go through all my settings again after a reset, just to get my watch to function properly.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
125 Replies
crystalkiko
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
After the most recent WEAR update for my Galaxy 4 watch...a Voicemail notification keeps popping up when I am out of range of my phone then again when I am back in range.
userfOUQLUNPAW
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Unfortunately there is no solution.

userw833skDuWE
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
This update has given me various issues. To name two third party watch faces do not update the time in AOD/dim mode and battery life is GREATLY reduced..
Iapree
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Same problem here. I have changed the notification settings for the app, deleted any voicemails and dismissed the watch voicemail notification then restarted the watch. Within minutes I get a new voicemail notification even with no new voicemails. The worst part is my battery runs down in half the time now. I can't even go a full day without needing a charge.
userIL4b7pJxgx
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
What I have found to be a solution for stuck voicemail notification is to turn off bluetooth on phone. Go to watch phone dialer, scroll to bottom to settings, change preferred number to watch. Go back out call voicemail if there is messages listen or delete then end the call. Then do the same process and reset preferred number preference back to phone.
Spankie6969
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

It worked so far for me. Thanks

0 Likes
user0pYqobwFxL
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I just tried this and, unfortunately, it did not work... I wish they would just fix this new update. My battery also drains a lot faster than before. And when I was trying to fix this issue, my watch stopped connecting to my phone and I had to reset my watch in order to finally get it to connect...

0 Likes
Members_MOtJq9P
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same here after the most recent update.  I'm switching back to Apple ... screw this !

0 Likes
Andbman55
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
What I found to work for my 2 phones and 2 watches is turn off Bluetooth to disconnect watch from phone. After that then go to main settings and find APPs < phone. Then select permissions. De select call log permissions for the watch. Then reconnect the watch and those stupid notifications should go away!
0 Likes
userIL4b7pJxgx
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

What I have found to be a solution for stuck voicemail notification is to turn off bluetooth on phone. Go to watch phone dialer, scroll to bottom to settings, change preferred number to watch. Go back out call voicemail if there is messages listen or delete then end the call. Then do the same process and reset preferred number preference back to phone.

0 Likes