Original topic:

Galaxy Watch 4 remote connection

(Topic created: 09-18-2021 03:01 AM)
useraNQUy6ZN9Y
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
I'm fed up with this watch. Which is really disappointing because I was really looking forward to it. My latest issue: call and text on other devices/remote connection is not working. I've tried everything. I got it to work briefly. I've tried everything. Changed settings, factory reset the watch, deleted the Galaxy Wearable app and reinstalled. I'm at a complete loss and incredibly frustrated while wishing I just kept my GW3, which worked perfectly. What's the problem!?!?!
0 Likes
8 Replies
useraNQUy6ZN9Y
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
When I go into settings on Galaxy Wearable app, Remote Connection is toggled off every time. As soon as I open it, it automatically toggles back to on. Then I'll go back in and it'll be off. Any ideas?
0 Likes
userXN0eF6UKdM
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

The problem is that these are early days and when you buy tech early, you typically get hit will a lot of bugs, issues and missing features. The GW3 was a mature, 2 year old  product, in which all those issues were already worked out. If you can return the GW4 for a refund, you can do that, follow the forums and when the situation improves, buy one again. Or you can keep it and use it as it is for the next 3-4 months, until hopefully most of the quirks have been worked out. Or just opt for another type of watch.

0 Likes
useraNQUy6ZN9Y
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Thanks for being a voice of reason. You're right, I'll calm down and stick it out and hope that things get resolved. Thanks.
0 Likes
cchat9000
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
Have you made sure that the Samsung app store everything is up to date, Google play store is all up to date, and both watch and phone are as well. Been using mine with no issues.
0 Likes
useraNQUy6ZN9Y
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Thanks for the suggestions! I will check now.
0 Likes
cchat9000
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
Hopefully it fixes it I hate telling people to make sure it's up to date but with how new the watch is I suspect updates will be frequent due to issues people find. This usually spans apps and the watch so lots of fun to keep up with
0 Likes
useraNQUy6ZN9Y
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Right! I updated a couple apps in the Galaxy Store (nothing that seems to be related) and Google app in the Play Store. I check the watch every day. Nothing yet. Gonna install the latest phone update now. Thanks again.
0 Likes
cchat9000
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
You are welcome hopefully that phone update can help. If not I did find this article nothing earth shattering but another thing to try. Once they work out the kinks it will be a great watch https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01003195/
0 Likes