Original topic:

Galaxy Watch 4 won't pickup on Verizon service

(Topic created: 05-14-2022 08:03 PM)
userZ7HbgLhIoC
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I just spent 2 hours in a Verizon store trying to get LTE on my Galaxy Watch 4 Classic, I've tried everything the store rep knew to try, everything the verizon tech team he called knew to try, and I'm still getting error 109 when I go through the "Add Plan" in the samsung wearOS app.

In addition to error 109 it says a plan has not been set up for this device, but it absolutely has. My wife's watch has service but she bought hers through verizon, I bought mine directly from Samsung.

I'm trying to go through Samsung's chat support but I'm getting a response every ~10 minutes so I'm wondering if anyone here knows how to fix this.

4 Replies
DannyG91
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
To be honest, just don't do LTE on the Samsung watches. It's pretty bad in my experience. That's why I got the Watch 4 in the regular Wi-Fi version.
0 Likes
userZ7HbgLhIoC
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Honestly, I've had nothing but issues with this watch and step 1 every time I reach out to Samsung support is "Factory reset your watch" which is infuriating since the watch backup only seems to backup about 25% of watch settings/content.

I'm so close to throwing this watch in the trash.

0 Likes
NDJollyMon
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Just got mine, but bought it from VZ. Mine works fine.
0 Likes
userZ7HbgLhIoC
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

My wife's works fine and she bought it from Verizon, but I bought mine from Samsung and I guess their system for adding a data plan after the fact is not as good. Either that or the watch they sent to replace my first broken once (NFC didn't work) is also broken.

I guess the moral of the story is to buy it from Verizon, where if they can't get a watch to activate they just pick up the next one and try until one works.

0 Likes