cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userXpSYzowdup
Constellation

Galaxy Watch (42mm) Won't Turn Back On, Black Screen (Charged, Brand New)

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I purchesed the watch 2 hours ago.

I docked it to charge without turning it on, per instructions. The screen lit up when I docked it, and said 74%. About 15-30 mins later I undocked it to see the battery, and it was about 86%, so I put it back on the dock to charge to 100%.

When I went back again, about 15-30 mins later, undocked it, the screen is completely black. Nothing I have done since then can get the screen to turn on, or have the watch show any signs of life... Pressed the "on" button, held it down for 10 seconds, pressed both buttons at the same time, docked it, undocked it...nothing, no signs of life other than it's pretty warm from charging. 

When I plug it back into the dock now the light turns solid red, but the watch had already said 84% before I put it back on the second time, so am I wrong in assuming I should be able to turn it on? Screen just black.

Any ideas people? This is pretty rough, never lost so much excitement so quickly.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userXpSYzowdup
Constellation

Re: Galaxy Watch (42mm) Won't Turn Back On, Black Screen (Charged, Brand New)

JUMP TO SOLUTION

For anyone seeing my question and wanting a follow-up:

I called Customer Service and they said my issues were not normal, to return it to the store for a replacement. 

Despite being very disappointed, I still wanted to try one that worked so I got a replacement (props to BestBuy for making all of that super easy). The replacement has been working great ever since. I asked the BestBuy customer service rep if he'd ever heard of the issue before and he said I'm the first person he's seen where the watch just wouldn't turn on Day 1.

21 REPLIES 21
userKj88z9gKc9
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Return it. They don't have a great support service. Also an issue with the pedometer altimeter they have not provided a fix for yet.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi there @userXpSYzowdup, if you could send us a private message here with the following information we can see what your options are. The information we need is:

Your name (First and Last)

Physical address

Email address

The best phone number to reach you at

Full Model code

The serial number on the watch

userXpSYzowdup
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

For anyone seeing my question and wanting a follow-up:

I called Customer Service and they said my issues were not normal, to return it to the store for a replacement. 

Despite being very disappointed, I still wanted to try one that worked so I got a replacement (props to BestBuy for making all of that super easy). The replacement has been working great ever since. I asked the BestBuy customer service rep if he'd ever heard of the issue before and he said I'm the first person he's seen where the watch just wouldn't turn on Day 1.

NMC-H
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Darn, got mine on Tuesday and is now early Sunday morning. So basicly just four days having mine and is doing the exact same thing. Makes me sick and frustrated. My time is tight, it was hard enough to find time to go into Sprit to get the watch and now I have to try to find time to go back. Seriously this is utterly ridiculous. To top it off, I have Samsung pay on on the watch and can't get the darn thing to scan at check out. I think I am just going to return the darn watch and just give up on it. Makes me sad. Oh and now they won't post my reply because I can't use the "D" so had to change it to darn. Seriously you guys are going to tell us how to express our frustrations but can't put out a working product; ie the galaxy watch. If only you knew all the bad words going through my mind right now ... bet you can guess some of those words through.

userdczpe8fUhG
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just got the watch as a Valentine's day gift. Put it on yesterday. Stopped working today after about 24 hours use. I can see my phone is connected and has 86% charge from my phone but the screen won't turn on. Back to Best Buy...

userVgBXsWDHfm
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same experience. Got as a gift. Used about a month. charged upto 88% and now a black screen.  It seems like it happens when people charge in the 80% range. disappointing...

userc3JRGkf4rV
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I am facing the same issue. The screen just won't wake up no matter what I do
YairAch
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, I have the Same problem. Screen went black  twice. No respons. Please help! 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can you please send us a private message here with the below information: http://bit.ly/2GH8URL

Serial Number:
Model Number:
LTE or Bluetooth:
Baseband version:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.