cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userOQ9XHQsM1r
Constellation

Re: Galaxy Watch (42mm) Won't Turn Back On, Black Screen (Charged, Brand New)

JUMP TO SOLUTION

During my recent trip to a hill station, i put my galaxy watch on water mode since it was raining heavily. But after 30 minutes or so, suddenly the watch switched off and since then it is not turning on. 

Hi

I have the same problem, where when plugged in, watch is charging properly. But its not turning on. 

When i plug it to the charger, the screen comes to life which says 100% charged. But when i press and hold the power button, nothing happens. 

Is this power button problem or internal issue ? If internal issue, How could that be possible ? It was supposed to be a water proof watch, which cannot withstand a mere rainfall for 30 minutes ?!!!

Can someone place give a solution to this ? If there is none, SAMSUNG please do something about it. 

userd6FsXLeodY
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, I just experienced this issue over the last 2 days when I left the watch in my backpack. I put it on the cradle to charge yesterday, and last night when it was at 100%, the watch would not turn on. I tried methods I looked up on forums, but THIS IS WHAT WORKED FOR ME THIS MORNING:

1. Put the cradle on the charger.

2. Put the watch in the cradle, buttons-side up.

3. You may see the charging icon, but WAIT until you see the percentage of charge (mine was at 100%)

4. Press and hold both buttons until you see the Samsung Galaxy logo and release.

It took a couple of minutes for my step counter to reset, but the watch is working perfectly now, and my husband isn't mad at me anymore for letting the battery drain. Smiley Happy

@YairAch 

usercWUwJpbsFx
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Thank you for this. Had my watch 3 months when this started. It actually randomly came on a couple of times, but then quit altogether. It happened right after an Android update on my phone and so I'm almost certain that was the cause of the issue. Unfortunately unlike OP, Best Buy wasn't accepting any responsibility and told me I needed to return to Samsung. They told me that would be a couple of week process which I was trying to avoid. Tried a number of hacks that I'd read about to fix this, but this one finally worked.
userTvckd7yRt8
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine is doing the same. I've had it for almost a month and no matter what I do wont turn on. Not worth the money. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can I have your full model code, serial number, and IMEI number (if LTE) via private message?

Khiirah
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So I'm joining this club.  I was looking at my watch, swiped to check a notification and it shut down.  It's unresponsive now, I bought it yesterday.  I fly out in the morning and really didn't want to have to drive back to Best Buy today. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can I please have your full model number and serial number in a private message?

userGqcZDuQ4MS
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having this issue..please help

userJUP3aC5u1S
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I am having the same issue. It's been less than 1 he since I bought it and turned it on.
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried holding down the power button while the watch is on the charger?