Original topic:

Galaxy Watch 42mm bluetooth - poor battery life

(Topic created on: 2/4/21 3:07 PM)
userZ5Y5XNny2O
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

My watch is two years old and up until two days ago was getting nearly three days of battery use.

Over the last two days it's been flat (as in switched off with zero power) within 8 hours!

Last week I noticed it was counting thousands of steps I was not taking so I did a factory reset over the weekend which semi resolved that issue, however now the watch is not lasting even one full day.

I only use it for watch, an occasional alarm and a tracked walk three times a week. 

I do not use it for anything else.

Please help.  I can't get in to see anyone at Samsung for three weeks!

0 Likes
3 Replies
GZ2fold
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
The thing with watch batteries is you can't compare them to other watch batteries unless they had the same life environment. So if you left the watch in your car during extreme cold or hot coditions, then....
Batteries are also brittle and sensitive to shock, so even if the watch appears fine after a fall or you slapped a wall....I don't want to upset you
0 Likes
userZ5Y5XNny2O
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

non of those things happened to my watch...

0 Likes
GZ2fold
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
Do you have a roommate, small curious child, goofey brother or spiteful ex? Alright I will accept that the watch has never been twitched or shaken harder than a fist pump, never been near a sauna or even a hot dog, never been placed on anything harder than a quilted pillow; like pets, they have reasonably small life "cycle". You can only recharge them a certain number of times, so the more you use and recharge them, the shorter life span they have. Then even if you never used them, they still had a shelf life. Also, the way their little micro parts are thinly and delicately seperated during manufacture, no two will give you the same lifetime, only an approximate, and sometimes they and you are dealt the bad card of a minimum life rather than a normal span.
And the efficient vigor they once exemplified now slows and lacks energy as if they were old and sick.

If you are anxious for an answer you can take it by the phone store or Best Buy and see what a new battery might run you.
0 Likes