cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userypoorzM80a
Asteroid

Galaxy Watch 46mm 4G LTE can't receive calls when connected to Bluetooth

I have the Galaxy Watch 4G LTE and a Galaxy S10e on T-Mobile. I want to leave my phone in one spot at home and make and receive calls in other parts of the house using my watch, but when the watch and phone are connected by Bluetooth and I accept a call on my watch I get a message to Check My Phone. If I turn off Bluetooth and WiFI and set Mobile Network to Always On I can make and receive calls but my battery life drops to less than 1 day. Any suggestions?

5 REPLIES 5
Ayo24
Astronaut

Re: Galaxy Watch 46mm 4G LTE can't receive calls when connected to Bluetooth

This is because how it works is the bluetooth doesn't have a mic so it doesn't allow somtimes

userypoorzM80a
Asteroid

I also have a Gear S3 Classic without LTE and I can answer calls with the watch when it's connected by bluetooth to the phone. Shouldn't the newer watch work the same way, Ethan though it also has LTE?

Honored Contributor

@userypoorzM80a wrote:

I have the Galaxy Watch 4G LTE and a Galaxy S10e on T-Mobile. I want to leave my phone in one spot at home and make and receive calls in other parts of the house using my watch, but when the watch and phone are connected by Bluetooth and I accept a call on my watch I get a message to Check My Phone. If I turn off Bluetooth and WiFI and set Mobile Network to Always On I can make and receive calls but my battery life drops to less than 1 day. Any suggestions?

See if "call" is enabled in bluetooth settings of your phone.   Make sure your watch is connected to your phone via bluetooth and do the following:

Go to settings>connections>bluetooth>find your watch in the list and tap gear icon next to it.  In there see if "call" toggle is turned on.

userypoorzM80a
Asteroid

I confirmed that Bluetooth is set for calls on my watch in the phone's settings but I still get "check your phone" when I answer a call on the watch. 

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Can you confirm that this option is enabled? I can answer or initiate calls via my GWatch over BT, so this isn't normal. 

Settings -> Search for Notification Access (Settings - Apps - Special access - NA)

Screenshot_20191010-075124_Settings.jpg

If my reply has aided your issue please consider liking it. If the problem is solved you may pick it as a solution.