cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userjsJrx61Mo7
Asteroid

Galaxy Watch 46mm LTE not getting OneUI update

I have the 46mm LTE Galaxy watch (SM-R805U) and haven't seen the One UI update come through even though everyone else I know has gotten it. It isn't connected to a wireless carrier at all but my current service is Verizon. I bought the watch straight from Samsung with no carrier picked out. Any way to force the update?

17 REPLIES 17
userlSP6m6fsyL
Constellation

Re: Galaxy Watch 46mm LTE not getting OneUI update

I have the exact same issue! It's funny, we got the most expensive version and yet Gear S3 is getting updates faster than ours!

Samsung has always been bad with updates, but this one has been my worst experience with them so far

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@userlSP6m6fsyL Thanks for your inquiry. Once available, updates are released to Carriers and thereafter, it is at the Carriers discretion to release the update to customers. Since updates are released by Carriers in waves, we’re unable to determine when your device will receive an update. We appreciate your loyalty.

userjsJrx61Mo7
Asteroid

So how am I supposed to get the update if I don't have it connected to a carrier? I bought it straight from the Samsung website without choosing a carrier so I wouldn't have to deal with that.

yast26
Constellation

I was able to finally update mine today by adding it to my wireless network. Came up right away!!!. i am sure Sammy and carriers have a deal going on so people have to sign up for LTE networks!

userlSP6m6fsyL
Constellation

@SamsungQue wrote:

@userlSP6m6fsyL Thanks for your inquiry. Once available, updates are released to Carriers and thereafter, it is at the Carriers discretion to release the update to customers. Since updates are released by Carriers in waves, we’re unable to determine when your device will receive an update. We appreciate your loyalty.

I purchased the unlocked version directly from Samsung's website as well. So, there shouldn't be any carriers involved in receiving updates.

MagicalWingLT
Asteroid

@SamsungQue That's insane since the LTE variants have the same settings as the Bluetooth variants. The LTE is just a added feature and function. You guys are bricking our phones. We shouldn't be forced to put our watches on a carrier plan in order to get the updates. You can easily push the update out over Bluetooth... 

userv8zO3w30p7
Constellation

So.... Is there a solution to this question yet? I have the same issue. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

We would recommend reaching out directly to your carrier. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userRblx7EnbLd
Astronaut

Why would we contact a carrier when we don't have an LTE plan for our watches? Please read all of the comments above. We all have the same issue....we have the LTE version of the watch, but we DO NOT have a data plan set up with a carrier. Why can't we get software updates over WiFi?