cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Galaxy Watch 46mm and iPhone XS Max, bluetooth disconnecting and watch unable to install update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I dislike the Apple Watch and decided to go with the Galaxy 46mm LTE.  I know the unfortunate limitation of being able to reply to text messages but decided it was worth the loss.  I've had it for three days now and two problems have become apparent.

1) Like so many others, my watch constantly chimes and buzzes that the bluetooth is disconnected, then re-pairs itself, every few seconds or a minute.  Then it goes through extended periods where it stays connected.  None of the suggested solutions I've found make a difference.

2) I received a notification on the watch that there was an update.  I select the update and after multiple error messages, I finally get to select "Download update" and it starts downloading.  But the errors keep popping up and I have to go through the steps to get back to the update.  Probably 10 or 15 times to get the update progress up to 50% downloaded.  Eventually, I just sat with the phone and kept bumping the screen every few seconds to keep the download screen open.  Got it to 100% downloaded.  But when I selected the option to complete the update, another error message comes up that says unable to update, try again later. 

I figured I'd get the update done first before dealing with the bluetooth issue with hopes that the latest update may have a bug fix.  But it does me no good if it can't complete the update.

Any help would be appreciated!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Galaxy Watch 46mm and iPhone XS Max, bluetooth disconnecting and watch unable to install update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello! 

Thank you for reaching out, I can understand how frustrating that could be trying to install the update over and over, I would like to assist you with this. Have you been able to reset the watch and then try to update it again? You can follow the steps in this link to do so. https://www.samsung.com/ca/support

Let me know if this helps!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Galaxy Watch 46mm and iPhone XS Max, bluetooth disconnecting and watch unable to install update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Forgot to mention that I tried to leave it on the charger during the update and I keep getting the message that the watch is overheated and needs to cool off.  Do I eventually had to leave it off the charger to get the update downloaded.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for following up. Can I please have your full model number, baseband version/software version for the watch, and your service provider?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello! 

Thank you for reaching out, I can understand how frustrating that could be trying to install the update over and over, I would like to assist you with this. Have you been able to reset the watch and then try to update it again? You can follow the steps in this link to do so. https://www.samsung.com/ca/support

Let me know if this helps!

View solution in original post

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you SamsungMoon. After I made this post, I put my watch on the charger and left it for a while.  During that time, my phone was out of the range of the watch's bluetooth and I deleted the Samsung Wearable app from my phone.  I then reinstalled it and returned to my office where the watch was fully charged and appeared to be going through some sort of reboot.  I Used the app to pair the watch again.  It no longer shows the need for an update, but I clicked on Update and it has started downloading the update again.  It is incredibly slow but seems to be downloading an update.  I'm currently at 8%.  I will have to wait until it is completed to see if it will run the update properly.  I will let you know after that. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well, the watch completed the download but still will not perform the update.  2020-05-21 22.36.22.jpg

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I apologize for the delay in responding.  I was finally able to do a complete reset and the bluetooth issue seems to be resolved.  It hasn't disconnected since then - approx 2 days. 

Today, I was able to download the update again and the update appears to have been installed.  I didn't get the error message and the watch did a reboot.  It no longer shows the yellow dot next to the Update Software text.  Thank you for your help!