Original topic:

Galaxy Watch 5 Charging Issue

(Topic created: a month ago)
AaronHick04
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
My Galaxy Watch 5, seemingly out of the blue has been acting very strange lately. It started a night ago, it had a little trouble charging, but I picked it up and put it down enough, it decided it could charge and I left it. Not too unusual, just annoying. The next day, the battery drained from 100 to 0 in about 4 hours, that was very unusual. I tried to plug it in that night and it wouldn't charge. I had to leave for a trip so I wore the watch all day with it dead. That evening, I set it on the charger and it would go into a boot loop. I clicked enough buttons that it entered ODIN mode and I followed a reddit post to reboot it. I eventually got it to charge to 53% and then it started shutting off again. I took it off the charger and everything works normal. I factory reset the Watch and before I even connected to my phone, tried to charge again. It turns itself off, the second I place it to charge, similar to shutting a laptop screen. It will then turn itself back on and not be charging. I also tried turning it off, and then charging it, but the Watch does the same process of turning on and not charging.
I'm out of ideas, and I don't know what caused it. I've had the watch over a year.
1 Reply
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

I would suggest contacting a service center to have it checked out 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes