cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Galaxy Watch Active 2 Always On issue - Goodnight mode bug?

New Active 2 wtach. Always on worked fine for the first week or so. Now it works for 5 or 10 minutes and then - if I am sitting at my desk (inactive) the screen goes dark and AOD stops working. Toggling the AOD quick setting off then back on "resets" it for about 10 minutes. However - if I get up and move around before the "timeout" - it continues to work. I tried a factory reset but the issue continues.

Any advice before I initiate an Amazon exhange for a new one?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Galaxy Watch Active 2 Always On issue - Goodnight mode bug?

I got a replacememt and restored from backup. The replacement watch does the same thing so it's not a hardware issue. The symptoms make it look like the watch is going into Goodnight Mode - but I don't have  "Turn on daily" activated. It only seems to happen at night when I am quiet on the couch. 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

I was out last night and this problem did not occur. AOD never stopped working. So it's only when I am idle at night.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Fixed. What DID work was changing Samsung Health Settings - HR and Stress Measurement to Measure Continuously (instead of every 10 minutes).

Highlighted

Good that you found a work-around, but I think AOD is supposed to work also without continous HR measurements.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Totally agree. I guess "fixed" was a bit too optimistic of a comment. "Work around-ed" is probably better. The good news is that continuous HR does not appear to have a big effect on battery life - at least it seems like battery life is about the same.