Original topic:

Galaxy Watch Active 2 LTE: stuck in standalone

(Topic created: 06-15-2021 01:51 AM)
userYuq3lsyhlB
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

My GWA2 is always stucking in standalone whenever I go far from my phone (Samsung Fold).

I have a working 4G connection on the watch (validated with browser and Spotify).

My phone is on charger and on Wifi (tried with 4G too).

Battery optimization of services are turned off on the phone, cache was cleared.

Wrote to Samsung developer support, where they couldn't help me as it's not a developer question.

Wrote to Samsung members where they requested my watch's logs (in zip format), but that app only allows *.jpg to upload, so it was a deadend.

Called service centre where they told me I have to give them the watch for examination for more than a week.

Guys, anyone have any idea on how the **bleep** can I get my notifications if I go away from my phone, and keep paying that extra $$ for watch's connection?

It's really awkward that Samsung doesn't care at all with this topic anymore.

2 Replies
userXhSYMXqWcd
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I am having same issue on watch 3.  worked fine when i initially set up, now nothing. 

0 Likes
userYuq3lsyhlB
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I can give you a few tips:

1.)  I had to repair the watch and phone. For this, you have to "remove" the watch from the wearable application on the phone, and then pair again. This will factory reset your watch, and you will loose your settings, Samsung Pay cards, etc. Even if you create a backup, you won't get back everything. Which is great, as you don't want to get back the network problems 🙂

2.) You might want to check if your LTE network is working by either Spotify, either Browser. For me, sometimes APN settings are ***** and I have to manually correct them - you might also have to align this with your service provider.

0 Likes