JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Watch Active 2 LTE won't update the software.

(Topic created: 02-05-2021 12:19 AM)
liuroot
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

My Active 2 is stuck in the R825USQU1ATH1, still without the ECG and latest Tizen.

It seems like I need to have an active LTE plan from. What I heard in other communities to enable it to update itself, this is just unacceptable though.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
usersCN16FIdqp
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi, I did the same thing (purchased the Galaxy 2 lte version because of the stainless steel and not using LTE) back in October. In the meantime my watch updated to the latest FW (sometime in November, I think) - not sure why or if that was luck. I live in the US (SM-R825U).

Anyway, I found the following info on a forum (reddit I think). Hope that helps (and if yes, please let us know). On your own risk, though.... Good luck!

"As anyone who bought the galaxy watch LTE version but hasn't gotten an update since and was disappointed like me. I found a solution quick and easy.
1. Back up your watch using the wearable app. Also remove any cards from samsung pay on the watch(not the phone).
2. Go to settings -> about watch -> tap serial number until you get a dialer screen.
3. Type in *#272 *(watch IMEI Here)# (you can find your watches IMEI number in the wearable app. Under about watch.)
4. You will get a list of CSC codes scroll down to the carrier your phone uses. Example I changed mine to TMB for T-mobile.
5. Tap your csc code and your watch will factory reset with the new csc once setup is complete. The wearables app should push updates thru for said carrier.
I went thru 3 updates last night with this process."

View solution in context

8 Replies
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Have you tried the resolution here? https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-Watch/ECG-not-working-on-Galaxy-Watch-Active2/m-p/1438920 There is a special team available to assist with the ECG features. Please reach out to them.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
liuroot
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

If you notice, the firmware version I am stuck at is before the introduction of the ECG, the problem is not the ECG itself but the fact that the watch is not updating the firmware. 

0 Likes
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Have you attempted to fully back up the watch and perform a factory reset and then try manually updating?

0 Likes
liuroot
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Several times, even in my wife's iPhone I tried, but the same problem, it says I am at the latest version, which I know I am not because a friend has the same watch, and he is running at a much later version, the only difference is that he has an LTE plan on his, and also this website https://doc.samsungmobile.com/SM-R825U/ATT/doc.html shows that I should be at R825USQU1BTJ6 but I am still stuck at R825USQU1ATH1 as per the picture attached. 

Screenshot_20210205-001132_Watch Active2 Plugin.jpg

Screenshot_20210205-003925_Watch Active2 Plugin.jpg

0 Likes
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Can you confirm what carrier you are using?

0 Likes
liuroot
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

None, I do not have any LTE plan on my watch. I only bought the LTE version because it is Stainless Steel. 

On my phone I have Verizon and AT&T but that should not matter. 

0 Likes
Solution
usersCN16FIdqp
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi, I did the same thing (purchased the Galaxy 2 lte version because of the stainless steel and not using LTE) back in October. In the meantime my watch updated to the latest FW (sometime in November, I think) - not sure why or if that was luck. I live in the US (SM-R825U).

Anyway, I found the following info on a forum (reddit I think). Hope that helps (and if yes, please let us know). On your own risk, though.... Good luck!

"As anyone who bought the galaxy watch LTE version but hasn't gotten an update since and was disappointed like me. I found a solution quick and easy.
1. Back up your watch using the wearable app. Also remove any cards from samsung pay on the watch(not the phone).
2. Go to settings -> about watch -> tap serial number until you get a dialer screen.
3. Type in *#272 *(watch IMEI Here)# (you can find your watches IMEI number in the wearable app. Under about watch.)
4. You will get a list of CSC codes scroll down to the carrier your phone uses. Example I changed mine to TMB for T-mobile.
5. Tap your csc code and your watch will factory reset with the new csc once setup is complete. The wearables app should push updates thru for said carrier.
I went thru 3 updates last night with this process."

liuroot
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Thank you so much, this solved my problem!
0 Likes