cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Re: Galaxy Watch Active 2 - Music app draining battery

seriously. what a bummer. i suppose it will fix itself once we get android 11 and have more granular control over our media on the phone, but hoping for a fux before then as this is a terrible bug
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Galaxy Watch Active 2 - Music app draining battery

i have exactly the same issue. When i listen to music on my phone, i dont expect this to drain the battery on my watch! Please fix this, @samsung - it has ruined a good watch.

Highlighted
Asteroid

it's definitely an annoying glitch, but i found if i start media on my phone and then immediately turn my watch to play from watch only in the music widget, it stays unpaired until i turn my phone's music off and on again. it's a little annoying, but i saved my battery at work yesterday. until there's an update, I'm afraid this might be the only way. i need to remember to always switch it off of my watch when playing stuff on phone, no matter what. i just got the watch last Saturday and didn't realize for several days that this was what was draining my battery!
Highlighted
Asteroid

That's exactly what I started doing.  Like minds I guess. Smiley Happy It is annoying but until we get the ability to uninstall the music app on the watch or they fix the bug introduced by the update, that's what I'm going to do.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Just had a software update for the watch. Fingers crossed......

Highlighted
Asteroid

I received the upgrade as well this morning and so far it looks like its not fixed. At 100% this morning and down to 52% and music is almost 30% of it. And the upgrade was done AFTER the charge to 100% which would have taken a bit of the battery.

I'll restart evertyhing tonight and check again tomorrow.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Did it fix it for you? Didn't for me. So frustrated. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Nope still awful. Just had to put the watch on charger at 9pm, started at 100% at 7am. May just give up on it for a while, this is worse than wearos! 

Highlighted
Constellation

Another frustrated user chiming in, sick of this. Users should have the ability to disable misbehaving apps until they are fixed!

Highlighted
Constellation

There is a way to disable the music app but it requires a few things such as connecting the watch to wifi, using a computer with Tizen Studio to connect the watch wirelessly through your laptop to run a terminal command to disable the music app. 

My watch is at 69% in over 24 hours since I last charged it after I made the fix.