cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Galaxy Watch Active 2 - Music app draining battery

Since the last update, the music app, which I never use, is using  a lot of battery. Most significant when I am listening to music on my phone, which is a lot. Can go from 100% to 15 in < 10 hours. I tend to get 1.5 days normally. I hope this can be fixed, as I am now having to charge multiple times  a day. I have seen others with the same issue on Reddit, thoght it would be good to mention it here.

19 REPLIES 19
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Galaxy Watch Active 2 - Music app draining battery

Do you have an Android 11 phone?  I do, and I had this problem, and found it was the new feature turned on by default on the phone to keep the music player active when the song has ended.

I turned this feature off, and my Active2 battery life went back to normal.

Here's how to turn it off on your phone:

1. Open the Settings app.
  2. Scroll down and tap on Sound.
  3. Tap on Media.
  4. Toggle on Hide player when the media session has ended.

Details: https://www.androidcentral.com/how-use-new-media-controls-android-11

Highlighted
Asteroid

Thanks for the reply, but I am on Android 10 and do not have that option.

Highlighted
Astronaut

I'm on Android 11, but it unfortunately didn't help.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I'm having the same problem since the past two updates.  I've noticed mine seems to be associated with the Music App.  If I open an audio app on my phone and use it for a bit and don't clear the app, my watch goes dead quick.  If I check the Wearable App to see what uses the battery most it shows the top one to be the Music App.

I like to listen to music when I go to sleep that means my watch will be dead in the middle of the night every time.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Posted this reply in another thread:

This is exactly what is happening to me. Massive fast drain since the last two updates. Doesn't matter if the music is bluetoothed to my Galaxy Buds or my car. It's the music app draining the watch. I've done two factory resets and they did not fix a thing. Very very frustrating. I just purchase this watch (Active 2) 5 weeks ago as an upgrade from my Galaxy Watch that I have owned for over two years. Super dissapointed.

Highlighted
Constellation

Same problem here. I go to sleep with a radio app in the background, and I don't turn it off. When I wake up, my watch loss  about 50 to 60% of the battery.

Cheking the battery usage, I noticed 35%  was because of the music application.

I didn't have this problem before the big Tizen system update.

I don't actively use the music app, so I'm thinking in delete it... But I hope Samsung can fix this in future updates.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Let me know if you figure out how to delete it.  If you do it from the apps list it just hides it but it still drains.

I just went to the app on watch and changed the source to watch instead of phone so I'll see if that helps.

Scratch that. As soon as I play something on the phone it switches it back.  I really have no use for the music app on the watch I'd just as soon delete it.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I just got this watch on Saturday, and noticed this problem today Smiley Sad it's really bad! I have a galaxy s10+ so still on Android 10. I wonder if i should just put my watch on "watch only" when I'm at work and streaming music through my phone. or maybe turning off Bluetooth? Or maybe setting the little icon in the music widget to watch not phone? i saw something about trying that.
Tomorrow I will definitely try a couple of things and see what happens. i force closed the music app on my watch and so we'll see what happens.
Highlighted
Asteroid

This is another beatiful bug introduced by Samsung with the new Tizen update. The watch now automatically detects if music is playing on your phone and activates the watch as a remote and will run the music player automatically. There is no way to turn this feature off. Even if you change the music player to local, the next time your phone plays music, the watch will automatically turn into a remote again.

Samsung: please fix this behavior so that music player only actives as a remote if the user actively switches profiles to remote OR add a setting for automatic music remote vs manual OR even just let us uninstall the music player completely. Thank you.