cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userELWpJResMl
Constellation

Galaxy Watch Active 2 Step Counter Adding Steps While Driving

I've noticed steps being added while in the car. It isn't doing the full distance I drive, but when I slow down my watch reads it as walking and is adding several hundred steps on a trip across town. I feel like it should be smart enough to know if I'm picking up speed and slowing down frequently enough that I'm in a vehicle. Not sure how to resolve this or if it's something that needs to be patched. My Google Fit is showing about 1,800 steps less than my Galaxy Watch Active 2 is for today. That's a major discrepency. I just drove home on back roads and hit quite a few stop lights. I'd estimate about 700-900 steps was added during this time. Can we expect to see a fix for this?

2 REPLIES 2
userg6SV4EhkBg
Astronaut

Re: Galaxy Watch Active 2 Step Counter Adding Steps While Driving

I bought the same watch today. I noticed it only counts roughly 7 our of 10 steps which is pretty inaccurate. My Fitbit Charge 3 counted correctly and cost half the price.

Highlighted
userpg4fYSnA8T
Astronaut

Re: Galaxy Watch Active 2 Step Counter Adding Steps While Driving

I just got the Fitbit Versa 2 and I drive for Uber. It also adds steps while driving. I tried putting it in sleep mode and setting it as I am wearing it in  my dominant hand to see if there is any difference. Unfortunately there was no difference.

Was considering returning it and getting the Watch Active 2 to see if there was a difference but I see it's the same...

I find it surprising companies haven't added a "Driving mode " option to these Fitness/smartwatches...