JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Sensor cover came off on the Galaxy watch line

(Topic created: 07-22-2020 03:16 AM)
userYP50geBk05
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

I bought my smartwatch in May 2020. In August 2020 the sensor cover came off. I was able to send it off and have it repaired at no charge.  Today, a month after the warranty expired, I was wiping off the underside of the watch with a damp paper towel before I put it on the charger, and the cover came off. AGAIN. 

I don't mind paying for repair service but the cost estimator says it's going to be $81.  To glue the sensor cover back on. AGAIN. That's about a third of what I paid for the thing.

I don't think so. What a ripoff. I'm irritated and disappointed at what a piece of junk - and what a hassle to deal with - this watch has turned out to be.

442 Replies
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

@user9wMwqYhK4N Please send a private message with the model code and the serial number or IMEI number of the watch so I may look into this further for you. http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

user9wMwqYhK4N
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I contacted Samsung and they had me send the watch to them. Keeping my fingers crossed🤞

Miz_Parker8418
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

This is the second watch I have purchased this year and the back of this one is loose. I only wear it to work and the back is now sliding off this one as well.  I'm very disappointed especially for how much  these watches cost!!!

DogLover
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

This happened to me the other day. This is not an inexpensive watch. Come on Samsung do better!

Nclarke1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Mine fell off a few times and I stuck it back on. Adhesive is useless. This is definitely a defect.

userYI0RBeY3dl
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

This happened to me too! I've had it for 9 months & can't take it back to the store. I'm feeling pretty embarrassed defending Samsung to all my Apple friends in quality. I cannot believe I paid so much for a watch only to not be able to use it because the back keeps falling off. I don't want to "rig" it back together because I'm sure it won't be waterproof. It is my only watch & I don't know how I'm supposed to send it away to get fixed if many others say Samsung just tells them they have to pay because it has water damage. If it has water damage, it would be due to the faulty seal on the back. How can a waterproof watch get water inside. Really?!

userD7N3AoYFTg
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I bought my watch 2 months ago and have never had it in water. The watch worked perfectly until the day after the back cover came off. I sent it back to Samsung and they are claiming that the warranty is voided due to water damage. Want to change $215 for the repair. I've called multiple times and am getting nowhere. I've seen a couple of other threads that mention this, so it's obviously a known problem. It's shameful that Samsung is aware of the problem and yet they refuse to honor the warranty. 

Options
Galaxy Watch

I have the Galaxy 2 Active watch, bought in May. This morning I picked it up and the back fell off. I am so disappointed! I wore it but was afraid the piece would fall off again. Who in the Samsung World can help me?

0 Likes
user9wMwqYhK4N
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I'm sorry. Mine did the same thing back in June. I called the 1-800 Samsung number and they had me return it to get it fixed.  Everything was fine until the ECG update came and that feature wouldn't work on the watch. I called the 1-800 Samsung number again, sent it in. A few days later, I received an email saying the back cover (that they repaired) was off and my battery was damaged and I had to pay $81 to have those fixed. My watch isn't even a year old yet. When I turned the watch in, I followed their instructions to a T...bought a box, bubble wrap, and had mailed it with the watch secure and protected in the box. So, how did that damage happen? I don't know. It took three days of me trying to talk to the people repairing my watch and never got a hold of anyone. One of the representatives gave me a UPS ticket number that ended up not being in their system. The Samsung representatives would transfer me from dept to dept but I'd stay on hold for 45 minutes and then the call would disconnect me.  Yesterday, I was just done.  All this damage to my watch and no one there would help me. So, while crying, I told the representative I would pay. Regardless of my customer service experience, I won't buy another Samsung product, especially a wearable. It makes me so sad, because I really liked the watch. I have a Galaxy Note 8 phone and like it.  

If you get the back of the watch fixed, just beware, apparently they can come off again. Good luck!

user8PKl2B7JAk
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Removed watch to put on charger at the end of the day and back sensor cover was stuck to wrist.

0 Likes