JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Sensor cover came off on the Galaxy watch line

(Topic created: 06-29-2020 10:28 PM)
userYP50geBk05
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

I bought my smartwatch in May 2020. In August 2020 the sensor cover came off. I was able to send it off and have it repaired at no charge.  Today, a month after the warranty expired, I was wiping off the underside of the watch with a damp paper towel before I put it on the charger, and the cover came off. AGAIN. 

I don't mind paying for repair service but the cost estimator says it's going to be $81.  To glue the sensor cover back on. AGAIN. That's about a third of what I paid for the thing.

I don't think so. What a ripoff. I'm irritated and disappointed at what a piece of junk - and what a hassle to deal with - this watch has turned out to be.

442 Replies
Samsung_3RTgGWc
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Yes!!! This EXACT thing is happening to me!! I had the watch for about 7 months now, loved it and then all of a sudden the back fell off... for no apparent reason. There was no damage, no accident, never had any problems. I sent it in, they repaired it for free under my warranty and I went back to enjoying my watch. Not a month later, the back fell off again. I sent it back for repair and this time I got a bill. They claim my watch is out of warranty due to scratches! My watch was not damaged, but they refuse to take ownership that this is a faulty product. And now seeing all these posts, over 200 of us are posting about the same issue, this is clearly a faulty product that they refuse to fix. Anyone here a lawyer or know one? I say we sue, we can go in as a class action lawsuit. This is completely wrong! I saw someone say they have better luck with the Best Buy warranty,  I'm kicking myself for not doing that. I have always been an Android lover and user, but I know darn well Apple wouldn't treat us this way! Im switching, and looking into a lawyer!

0 Likes
Jenerator99
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
I had the Samsung S2 watch, back sensor cover fell off. So, next year (2018) I got the Samsung galaxy watch. The back cover fell off again.
Excited about the Active 2 arriving, I figured this issue would have certainly been addressed by now... I've had the Active 2 since March 2020. I had to have the same problem repaired in June and now again.
I have Samsung everything almost. I would have thought an issue with a glued on part would have been redesigned by now. I also notice a bunch of places selling replacement sensor covers, so it seems like a known problem.
Samsung, adhesive really??!!
All that tech, engineers, designers and the other highly educated, highly paid people and you use double sided tape......
Really disappointing.
0 Likes
userX9qIRA2YeI
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Me back sensor glass fell off of mine also.
I have never took it swimming and somehow the watch is done. everything seems to work fine ,but I'm afraid to wear it now since the sensor is exposed.
I contacted Samsung and of course its out of warranty.
0 Likes
Jenerator99
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
I have had this happen to me 4 times now. First the galaxy S2(bought used) , then the galaxy watch (Samsung fixed) and now the 2nd time on an Active 2 and I've only had it since March..
I give up.
0 Likes
usercDSk4ikRyV
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

The glass on my sensor just fell off today. Had my Galaxy watch for over a year. Very disapointed. This is my 3rd Galaxy watch. Probably not going to buy another.

0 Likes
Disapointed
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
this seems to be a recurring issue with these watches. what has happened to your products Samsung?? I've only bought your phones and tvs... after my experience with this pos active 2 never again... this should be a recall.
0 Likes
Jenerator99
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

A recurring issue is an understatement. It's happened to me 4 times. 2 times on 1 watch and 1 time on 2 of the older models. Yet they don't change the design.

0 Likes
relize
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
so this small kidney shaped back piece fell off when I removed my watch. I am disheartened to see so many consumers who bothered to get it repaired only ro have it happen again.@samsung moderator what are you all doing? people paying for an obvious defect.
what do you propose for me? I'm really bothered at the time I'm about to waste on this. Shame on you Samsung.
0 Likes
user9wMwqYhK4N
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I've had my Galaxy Active 2 watch since Christmas, so not a year yet, and the sensor on the back just came off. I'm not sure what to do, but this is incredibly frustrating. It hasn't gotten wet so I'm not sure why that happened. Any ideas? 

usernEhXzGmTa1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Mine did the same, never got it wet. I contacted customer service. They said they would repair it.