cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Galaxy Watch Active 2 bricked?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The other day a new update was applied to my phone. It then rebooted but never was able to restart. The watch was fully charged and I still can't get it to restart. It seems like the update bricked my watch. Any suggestions?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Galaxy Watch Active 2 bricked?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I recommend having the watch evaluated by a certified technician. For service options, please send a private message with the full model code and the serial number or IMEI number of the watch. http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,

Just for clarification, your watch will not power on at all?

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, tried to run down the charge for a few days then charged it. I don't even get the charging screen. Completely dead. Worked fine before the update.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I recommend having the watch evaluated by a certified technician. For service options, please send a private message with the full model code and the serial number or IMEI number of the watch. http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've sent the watch in for service. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is happening to me too. I'm not sure I'm completely bricked but the functionailty has been reduced to make me think so.

It seems like there is a HUGE battery drain resulting from the update. It has died twice now in less than 24 hours after the supposed update...once during the update. Previously, it would last 3 days without a charge. It is also taking 3 to 4 times longer to charge to 100%. Yesterday, I was able to take it off the charger while it was at 80% and get it to "connect" to my phone. The settings on the watch were all wonky though...it kept the screen on during the entire time I was on a phone call on my phone.  And then it died sometime in the afternoon and I am only now trying to charge it this morning, yet again. It will not turn on or "connect" to my phone...it was at 67% charge and I tried.  I will try again once it is at 100%.  And try to do resets, etc, then and look at the new settings that might have come over with the update.

I'm following tgis thread now, so hopefully if someone finds some solutions or steps to take, let me know.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

As an update, my watch is working fine now. I was able to get it to turn on and it seems to hold a charge.  Here's what I did. It took me charging it nearly half a day for it to get up to 100% (which was absolutely not the norm) and then to get it to turn on I had to hold the bottom button down until it did a soft reset.  The watch finally booted up and I guess by then it also had the update fully downloaded and installed. Looking at the settings, the watch is using 2.8 GB of its 4 GB memory for the OS and apps. FWIW, I don't have many apps on the watch.  Maybe the update was so huge it took that long to get it to download over bluetooth and kept draining the battery as a result. I don't know, but my watch is working completely normal now.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Final update. I had the watch serviced under warranty. Very quick turnaround. Strange coincidence that the battery dies at the same time as the update. But it's working now on the April update. Don't see the July update anymore.