cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Galaxy Watch Active 2 - bugs with new EU firmware - Sept 2020

I installed the new EU firmware on the Active 2 (software version R830XXU1CTH8, installed on the 22 September 2020) and unfortunately the software was not tested properly, below are a list of bugs:

1. Cannot download or install the English (UK) female voice.

2. When using Samsung’s health running app, the lap counter does not work properly. If you set the lap to distance, every 1km, the voice notification just says the distance "1km" every time. The voice notification does not tell you the completed distance. Telling me a distance of 1km for every lap is clearly a bug and is pointless. It needs to tell me the completed distance as was the case in the previous version of the firmware.
3. The voice notification no longer states heart rate. Not sure if this was intentional but to me is a bug and it should note heart rate as was the case in the previous version of the firmware.
4. You can no longer quickly delete completed activities from the summary watch screen (in case you start an activity by accident).

In addition below are functions that I think the watch should have:

1. The new screen layout when in an Samsung health activity is good and you can put everything on one screen, but it is a mess of white. The watch has a great amoled screen, make use of it. Have the font for each metric section of the screen a different colour. Honestly this is basic and would allow your brain to quickly associate a metric with a colour. It also would be easier to see and read.

2. You can set a distance for a run in the Samsung health app and when you have 500 meters left it gives you a positive voice notification. This is great but there needs to be more. There should be then another voice notification stating "400 meters to go", then "300 meters to go" etc….

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Galaxy Watch Active 2 - bugs with new EU firmware - Sept 2020

good luck