cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Active2nerd
Astronaut

Galaxy Watch Active 2 heart rate monitoring

The heart rate monitoring for the Galaxy Watch Active 2 is a joke.  My heart rate is rotinuely way off - my heart rate is higher during a simple walk than it is when I go for a run.  There are times when I am sitting my heart rate when be 30 bpm higher than it is when I am running.  Not to mention compared to my Fitbit Versa and this also means my aggregrate calories burned for the day is far less on the Active 2 than it was with my Versa.  When is ECG going to be activated because I am not sure I can count on anything it shows.

2 REPLIES 2
userc05mSs9k8E
Constellation

Re: Galaxy Watch Active 2 heart rate monitoring

I completely agree. Bought this watch because all the reviews raved the problems were fixed. Far from it. There is no easy way to have the heart rate show continuously throughout a workout. It continously goes back to a time watch face after a few seconds or a minute. And the lag... OMG. I was pumping away on a spinning bike and the watch said I was only 84 bpm. Looked further and it hadn't been updated in over 7 minutes!! SEriously!!!!. I had it set to continuous monitoring but the watch was FROZEN.  Even when not working out, I would swipe to the side several times before it reacted. Constant freezing. Took watch back for refund. May have to join Apple universe as this totally blows.

userVbLv1xozgt
Constellation

Re: Galaxy Watch Active 2 heart rate monitoring

I have had two Polar Fit watches so I know what my heart rate ususally is during certain workouts and this watch shows me doing plank rows and my heart rate is going down which I know is false! I hope they can resolve the issue or provide a heart rate monitor band to go with this watch for more accurate heart rate measuring.