Original topic:

Galaxy Watch Active 2 plugin permissions constantly disabled

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
CaptainQuirk
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Just got an Active2 a few months ago and unfortunately had held it more than a month before realizing how much no longer works. Besides several items no longer working with many common apps (e.g. Pujie Black was denied permission to be in the store and cannot include Samsung related items, e.g. steps, hear rate, etc.) and others not working with my Pixel and "Samsung Phone Only", i've noticed that the Active2 plugin CONSTANTLY requires me to turn on permissions and is aways being disabled. This happens especially with going between to different Samsung Galaxy watches for use (one for wear, one for exercise.)  

As great as the hardware is for the Active2, the failure of the app store apps and compatiblity and the phone incompatbility for ECG is not worth a trade in when a 3 month old watch only trades in for $50. It's disappointing. If Tizen is going away, at least approve long time watch face apps with great reputations to allow what you're selling to work. 

PS - and virtually none of Samsung's watch faces make good use of showing the agenda events, which would be a no brainer.

0 Likes
2 Replies
LilMD
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
W.2
0 Likes
CaptainQuirk
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

It appears I have the same issue with the Watch 4 - switching to another watch turns the plugin permissions off. It's a constant pain to be reminded of this when I don't get notifications on the watch until I realize why on the phone.

0 Likes