cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Galaxy Watch Active 2 workouts keep randomly stopping during run!

So, this week i had done two 5k runs and on both occasions the watch decided to just stop the workout for no reason at all. Its becoming really frustrating as i can't complete a full 5k without it cutting out. Tuesdat it stopped after 12 minutes and today just inder 15!!! Is there a fix for this as I'll have to purchase another watch if this can't record workouts over 15 minutes? The image i have attached is the same run on tuesday but in 2 parts when i realised it had stopped recording the run. Please help!!??Screenshot_20200430-205014_Samsung Health.jpg

40 REPLIES 40
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Galaxy Watch Active 2 workouts keep randomly stopping during run!

Did you receive any feedback?

I'm having the same problem. I can't use this watch for sport tracking as it is completly useless.

@PKiely11 wrote:

So, this week i had done two 5k runs and on both occasions the watch decided to just stop the workout for no reason at all. Its becoming really frustrating as i can't complete a full 5k without it cutting out. Tuesdat it stopped after 12 minutes and today just inder 15!!! Is there a fix for this as I'll have to purchase another watch if this can't record workouts over 15 minutes? The image i have attached is the same run on tuesday but in 2 parts when i realised it had stopped recording the run. Please help!!??Screenshot_20200430-205014_Samsung Health.jpg

I went for a 120 km cycling and this is a result.I went for a 120 km cycling and this is a result.

Highlighted
Constellation

This has only happened to me maybe 3 or 4 times with over 100 workouts but still really frustrating nonetheless. Happened again today despite the fact I just updated the Samsung Health watch app

Highlighted
Asteroid

Same issue here for the past few runs.

Highlighted
Constellation

Hi,

I am having the same issue and would like to know the cause.

Tried a couple of stuff and nothing worked so far.

1) thought it was maybe because the watch went into a power saving mode of some kind stopping the apps running in the background.  So tried switching the display to always on and leaving the app in the foreground - didn't work

2) thought it may be Samsung health that was somehow interfering with its auto capture of activities like walking and running, disabled all activities for auto capture - didn't work

3) tried both 1 and 2 at the same time - didn't work

4) tried changing the screen timeout to 5 minutes - didn't work

Next going to try disconnecting from my phone at the start since I recall seeing a disconnected from phone message at the time it stopped recording, not sure if the event somehow stops apps or makes them crash.

Highlighted
Constellation

I'm having the same issue. I hard rebooted mine, it worked fine for a few days and now it's doing it again. 

Surely Samsung must know this and have a new update due? The last one mine says is from 15 January 2020.

Has anyone had any reply or further information on this issue? 

Highlighted
Constellation

wow this keeps happening to me , 3 days in a row now during walking and in hiking mode. It ususally happens when I receive a notification that the excercise mode would just stop and I will have to restart again. This is so annoying and dissapointing for this to happen to such a premium watch. I tried rebooting but that didnt fix the issue.  Please let me know if anyone has found a solution to this problem.

Highlighted
Constellation

Same thing happening to me for the past few weeks! I will start a run with either Samsung health on my watch or through map my run and a few minutes in I'll look down and the watch has totally closed out of the workout and is no longer tracking. What is going on! 

Highlighted
Constellation

I am still having these issues as well.  Contacted Samsung via chat and the solution was to wipte the watch clean and do a Reset of the watch and that seemed to fix it for a month or so.  Now, it's back to the same thing AGAIN.  There is no reason for this on a premium watch.  

Also, it never records my stairs correctly. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

I noticed exactly the same out walking, I looked at watch notification and the workout stopped. Reset 3 times during same session and lost timings etc. Samsung dont appear to have replied to this