cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user0NogAAcEre
Asteroid

Re: Galaxy Watch Active Blood Pressure - My BP Lab - Any News?

If this is true there will almost certainly be a lawsuit against Samsung. Also if this is true I will never again buy another Samsung product and I'll be sure to tell everyone I know. This is a terrible way to do business and treat your customers. With no watch on the market that can monitor blood pressure, and the fact that Samsung leaked information that this watch would have that capability, there's clearly some deception on Samsung's part. Samsung's my BP app store description certainly leads customers to believe that this watch will monitor blood pressure, and I'm sure there are other instances of Samsung making this claim. It's a shame that a decent watch will soon be shrouded in negativity when this information is reported on by the media.

userjFSR82jk7d
Asteroid

There's no way a tech would make such a claim.

Plus, this would be a PR fiasco of biblical proportion which Samsung would never attempt.  They advertised this and made a point of promoting the watch Active with this feature.

There are most likely logistical snags with deploying the solution right at this moment.  They want to ensure it is done right.

What's odd is I had to consent before it even attempted to connect to my watch (of course the alert about the app not being present stopped the entire process).

more to come I'm sure...

Highlighted
userEn8a48Al88
Constellation

I think I agree. Bad press and a maybe 30 percent return rate would be major facepalm here.
usera0TMaM8NBX
Constellation

Just gonna ask a dumb question. Since this is hosted in a Samsung.com community why isn't Samsung 

addressing this issue officially. I have talke myself to tech support and the person I talked to wasn't aware of any cacellation.

Sharonlea
Constellation

I told her to start my return. That's the whole reason I bought this watch.

userL2lZBHurwH
Asteroid

I just talked to support this morning and this is what they told me about the function being cancelled...

"I have checked the information and there is no such official information of cancelling the BP monitoring option.  If there is any official information, it will be posted on our Samsung news room website."

So now I don't know who to believe.

Mandee85
Asteroid

Im one of those who bought this for the promise of this feature! I have a $40 made in china one that has BP monitoring that i got off amazon that does almost everything this does but probably not as accurate and not waterproof. But the BP thing was what pushed me to throw down the $200. Im going to be so upset if they save this feature for another product since its been advertised all over up until this week, that it will have it. So frustrated right now!!

userFq1FUGlfpT
Constellation

BP was the whole reason I got this specific watch. Unless they clarify in next few days why they lied/what to expect, back it goes. Screw you Samsung, hyping a function then turning coat. You can have your watch back. Shame, I like it.... but if it doesn't do as promised just a $200 stupid toy. I've been using them since the S3.... and am done.
userjFSR82jk7d
Asteroid

Ummm..i wouldn't call this watch a stupid toy.  Probably best watch I've ever owned.  Love that it's so small and light and the step counter,  heart rate and everything else including Samsung pay are flawless. Battery life is exceptional too.

It's lighting fast compared to my previous wear os.

Would be great to have blood pressure but won't be returning if it falls through.

Just my opinion for what it's worth.

Sharonlea
Constellation

I was just told an update was done on the watch and BP monitoring is no longer going to be available. I started my return.