cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userp8X6qjywfs
Constellation

Re: Galaxy Watch Active Blood Pressure - My BP Lab - Any News?

Agreed, I feel duped. I bought the watch assuming Samsung would live up to promise. Although, it’s my fault that I didn’t wait until I seen reviews on how blood pressure monitor worked on watch active. I have a cuff to monitor my BP accurately but was hoping to supplement that with watch not replace. I’m starting to rethink my S10 purchase as well. Been Galaxy owner user since S4. Maybe time to switch to iPhone and iWatch. Come to think of it I do love my iPad and can’t think of time Apple did a bait and switch.

userjFSR82jk7d
Asteroid

OMG... that's over the top don't you think?

I would never give up my S10 with all the features such as wireless charging, notchless display, etc..   Also got the Buds for free with the pre-order.

The BP would have been great but at this price, no other watch offers anything close even without the BP.

If you think the Sith lords at Apple have your best interest in mind, think again.  Just google Galaxy Buds vs airPods and you'll see the Pods have a problem with batteries going end of life sooner than expected.  You cannot replace the battery in iPods because of the sealed enclosure.  On the other hand, Galaxy Buds can.

So if this BP-scandal is getting the better part of you and you switch...good luck to you over in Sheeple ville.

Highlighted
GaminKWB
Asteroid

This is what I got from a rep...

11:43 AM rep
You're welcome Yes I do understand you're concern.

11:44 AM rep
I have checked the details as now its not yet released.

11:44 AM rep
I have checked and there is no official date of release.

11:45 AM me
So a feature advertised on your product, which combined l convinced me to purchase the product, no longer has a release date on when it can be used? Will this actually ever be released?

11:47 AM rep
Yes it will be surely released but it may take some time.

Samsung is already working on it.

We appreciate your time and paitence.
userPVa2g0GPwc
Constellation

This is classic Samsung . I like the watch but promising a feature and not releasing it is really sad . I also bought Galaxy s10 as well and having issues with fingerprint scanner. 

I would have returned all Samsung products if I had not traded in my Galaxy note 8 . Now Samsung would not return my trade in device. So I am stuck. 

Called Samsung so many times but their customer service so bad . Should have bought iPhone . Wife got iPhone Xs and she is so much happy . My sadness begins. Pledge to never buy Samsung product again #GalaxyS10isnoiPhone despite copying everything . 

userjFSR82jk7d
Asteroid

You know your S10 has a blood pressure monitor sensor as well right?  I just tried mine with the latest My BP 2.0 and got my baseline reading done.

I'm sure Samsung will get the watch thing sorted out as they've invested in the Galaxy phones by incorporating sensors so this is a long term vision.

userPVa2g0GPwc
Constellation

I know. I use my BP lab app on phone and it works fairly well I would say. I have a cuff BP monitor and the app gets the value pretty close. 

I am just annoyed that they can't keep their word and their customer service is not what I would expect from a 1000$ phone company.

Also Samsung has habit of releaseing an unfinished product. I can count so many. There is something called user experience which seriously lacks their product. The only good that has come out of this company is display. They are the market leader and I respect that. 

userX1fk4pESIl
Asteroid

I have the Note9 and was able to download/use My BP Lab 2.0.  Per the "What's new in 2.0" section of that app...

Galaxy Watch Integration

With My BP Lab 2.0, you can connect your Galaxy Watch Active to the app and measure your blood pressure straight from your smartwatch in just a few quick touches.

So I do have the Galaxy Watch Active, and the 2.0 app install detected it.  But when I said calibrate for the watch, the app gave the following error...

"This app is no longer available."

Seems like a weird, hastily put error message.  So unless, Samsung does indeed put an official message, I'm hoping they and BP Labs fix this soon.

Mandee85
Asteroid

Guys guess what? I got this to work!! You have to go to the galaxy store through samsung wearable app or watch and download the my bp lab app to your watch also. It has to be in both places. Then you wont get that "app no longer available" granted, the watch app just came out today. After getting those both i kept not being able to calibrate. But after an hour i finally got it lol. Be sure to have both feet on the ground and wrist straight or it will keep failing!! So glad they put it out.

userjOkMZEGP8u
Constellation

Do you need a Samsung s9? The specs never said it is not compatible with other Android phones.

userjFSR82jk7d
Asteroid

You sir are a genius.  A big thanks for sharing this.  I got mine to work!!!

I had to simply tighten the band for the calibration to complete and measurements are consistent.  Way to go Samsung !!