cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bryantw
Cosmic Ray

Re: Galaxy Watch Active Blood Pressure - My BP Lab - Any News?

I hope they plan on releasing the app to those of us that have the galaxy watch active but not the latest phone. IIRC the mybpapp for phones started with the s9.

Thanks

userpOdWCNrEdy
Constellation

So, if I have  S8, I cannot use the Samsung Watch Active for BP

bryantw
Cosmic Ray

@userpOdWCNrEdy wrote:

So, if I have  S8, I cannot use the Samsung Watch Active for BP

I and another person have mentioned it not showing up on the note 8. Maybe they are rolling it out to s9 and above first?

I will be returning the watch active if it requires updating my phone as well. 

I was happy with the gearfit2pro watch I had and only got the watch active for the BP feature.

bryantw
Cosmic Ray

@userhFtBeuJ6K0 wrote:

I also have a note 8, and also see no results when searching from Wear app 

When I search the google play store "My BP Lab 2.0" it shows up but will not let me install as it shows as none of my devices being compatible.

It doesn't show up in the galaxy store when I search from the note 8 or from the galaxy watch active itself.

Samsung_h7sgDQQ
Astronaut

I do not see the app in the galaxy store at all. What country are you in that you see it??

Thanks

SlySlacker
Constellation

Doesnt work for Samsung J7

Highlighted
GaminKWB
Asteroid

Using a Motorola phone and Galaxy Watch Active I do NOT see the My BP Lab app in either Google Play or the Galaxy Apps store.

For those that DO see it, what phone are you using? I'm assuming it's an S9 or S10. Please confirm.

If this is true, it is still unacceptable as there was no mention of requiring these phones to use the BP feature on the watch.

Stephan67
Asteroid

I bought the Watch Active to record BP. I could install the "my bp lab" APK to my S8 and it works. I could register and start the App. Than I am at the point, where the App identifies my Watch Active and wants to install the App to the Watch as well. So the App starts the Samsung Watch Appstore. Answer from Appstore is, that the App is no longer available. BTW I am in Germany. The pressrelease tolds me, that the App would work in Germany from the 15th of March. Technically there is no problem i guess ... its just the Samsung Appstore, that hinders me from proceeding. This makes me angry. Call me crazy or stupid, but these things can make me stop using any Samsung device!

bryantw
Cosmic Ray

@Stephan67 wrote:

I bought the Watch Active to record BP. I could install the "my bp lab" APK to my S8 and it works. I could register and start the App. Than I am at the point, where the App identifies my Watch Active and wants to install the App to the Watch as well. So the App starts the Samsung Watch Appstore. Answer from Appstore is, that the App is no longer available. BTW I am in Germany. The pressrelease tolds me, that the App would work in Germany from the 15th of March. Technically there is no problem i guess ... its just the Samsung Appstore, that hinders me from proceeding. This makes me angry. Call me crazy or stupid, but these things can make me stop using any Samsung device!

Did you install the "my bp app 2.0"? maybe the latest version is needed? Also where did you dl the apk? I haven't tried installing this apk to my note 8 yet. https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/sage-bionetworks/my-bp-lab/my-bp-lab-2-0-0-release/my-bp-lab-2-0-0-and...

Stephan67
Asteroid

This (apkmirror.com ...) is exactly the APK I installed. Running on 2.0.0. The BP App is running, but when i try to connect it to my Watch Active, the App tries to start the Samsung Watch App Store and i get the message "Diese App ist nicht mehr verfügbar". Chance for Samsung to make this work on Monday, or I will send it back and use my companies offer to switch to Apple.