cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
GaminKWB
Asteroid

Re: Galaxy Watch Active Blood Pressure - My BP Lab - Any News?

You are confirming that you can use the My BP Labs app on your non-S9/Note9/S10 device after using an S9 to connect to the Active watch and download the app to the watch, then connecting back to your original (not supported) device? Did you download the app via the Wearables app store or within the My BP Labs app on the S9?

user1CQ1u0G35b
Asteroid

No can not use on my phone that is not an S9 or higher once I disconnected from my sister's phone and tried to connect back to my note 8 it reset my watch so I lost the app on my watch. It work when my watch is connected to the S9.

GaminKWB
Asteroid

Thanks for the update. So no workaround as of yet. Still won't work on anything not S9/Note9/S10

@user1CQ1u0G35b wrote:

No can not use on my phone that is not an S9 or higher once I disconnected from my sister's phone and tried to connect back to my note 8 it reset my watch so I lost the app on my watch. It work when my watch is connected to the S9.

bryantw
Cosmic Ray

I emailed the app developer asking if they are going to update the app to allow pre s9 phones the ability to use all of the watch's functions.

If/ when I see a reply I will post their response here. 

userhFtBeuJ6K0
Constellation

Thank you 

userqm0UsD3Ckl
Constellation

I pre-ordered and bought both the Galaxy Watch Active and the Galaxy S10e smartphone.  I cannot get the My BP Lab 2.0.   The app does not appear in either Play Store or Galaxy store.  Please someone confirm whether this will be available or if I should return the watch.

GaminKWB
Asteroid

@userqm0UsD3Ckl wrote:

I pre-ordered and bought both the Galaxy Watch Active and the Galaxy S10e smartphone.  I cannot get the My BP Lab 2.0.   The app does not appear in either Play Store or Galaxy store.  Please someone confirm whether this will be available or if I should return the watch.

@Stephan67 @

According to the My BP Labs site the S10e is not listed as a supported device. Looks like you are in the same boat as the rest of us...

"The Samsung S9 / S9+ / Note9 / S10 / S10+ has a built-in optic sensor on the back of the phone." - https://mybplab.com/faq2

Your best bet right now if you still want this is to return the S10e and move to an S10. Or wait and hope like we are.

Arya1967
Constellation

I have an S8, I ordered the watch for the blood pressure measurement, and I've just cancelled my order. I'm not made of money, and without BP measurement it's not worth my money. 

user6L85cuNtN9
Asteroid

I have a Pixel 3XL and no luck finding the mybplab app in the Galaxy Store.  Can someone post the watch app apk?  Maybe we can side load it?  Thanks

bryantw
Cosmic Ray

The only people who have had success getting the bp feature working are those with Samsung phones S9 and above. excluding the S10e.

This includes some of us sideloading the app. You can try it, I posted a link to the app apk earlier in the thread.

Since they did not state that the bp only works with certain Samsung phones I am assuming they are trying to update the app so that it works with older phones and from different brands of phones. Time will tell. If you don't want to wait it out I would return the watch ASAP