cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user6L85cuNtN9
Asteroid

Re: Galaxy Watch Active Blood Pressure - My BP Lab - Any News?

@bryantw wrote:

The only people who have had success getting the bp feature working are those with Samsung phones S9 and above. excluding the S10e.

This includes some of us sideloading the app. You can try it, I posted a link to the app apk earlier in the thread.

Since they did not state that the bp only works with certain Samsung phones I am assuming they are trying to update the app so that it works with older phones and from different brands of phones. Time will tell. If you don't want to wait it out I would return the watch ASAP

Hi, I have My BP Lab 2.0 installed, but need the watch app that's not available in the Galaxy Store.  Is that the link you posted?  Thanks

bryantw
Cosmic Ray

The app will detect the watch active but says the watch app is no longer available. I think the phone app is required to load the watch app and the only people that have had success are those S9 and above owners.

ChrisMoo
Cosmic Ray

I have an S7 and sideloaded the app but no luck.

Seems like Samsung did not disclose at all well about what the availability of the blood pressure tracking and functionality would be.

What are the return conditions, looks like mine will be going back.  I have asked about other Android and also iOS support for blood pressure tracking and got nothing back from Samsung - they classed my question as a suggestion with thanks and gave me no information at all.

Very disappointed.  I dropped my Apple Watch for this....guess the new Apple Watch 5 will probably have BP monitoring...I just should have waited longer rather than jumping on an empty release promise.

ChrisMoo
Cosmic Ray

@user6L85cuNtN9 wrote:

@bryantw wrote:

The only people who have had success getting the bp feature working are those with Samsung phones S9 and above. excluding the S10e.

This includes some of us sideloading the app. You can try it, I posted a link to the app apk earlier in the thread.

Since they did not state that the bp only works with certain Samsung phones I am assuming they are trying to update the app so that it works with older phones and from different brands of phones. Time will tell. If you don't want to wait it out I would return the watch ASAP

Hi, I have My BP Lab 2.0 installed, but need the watch app that's not available in the Galaxy Store.  Is that the link you posted?  Thanks

Same here sideloaded onto an S7 but nothing available on the watch.

My main phone is an iPhone so I'm guessing that is completely out of bounds.  I had hoped this would be something integrated into the Samsung Health app but it seems only high end Samsung Android users are going to benefit from this which is not what they lead people to believe in their marketing of the watch.

Samsung needs to clarify on this matter ASAP, I can see many disappointed users and returns.  Shame as it is a nice watch.

Stevellman
Constellation

S10 plus, galaxy watch active, my bplab 2.0
Recognizes there is a watch but returns an error message this app is no longer available.
Continued with "i dont have a cuff" and used phone to calibrate. All attempts failed at 25% or less and received a message that the trouble was on their end.

Has this app worked for anyone on any device. Like others here i purchased the watch specifically for this function only to be disappointed that not only does it not work with the watch but it doesn't work with the phone either

joan912
Constellation

I have a Galaxy S9 phone onto which I downloaded the My BP Lab app a few weeks ago. This had been mostly working. I also purchased the Galaxy Watch Active with the express purpose of using the BP app. This app downloaded successfully to the watch and, at first, worked most of the time. However, neither app is working. On the watch, it starts recording, but always stops at 98%. On the phone, it will reach about 25% and then I'll get an error. This is after they pushed a new set of disclaimers requiring new signatures this past weekend. Another website states that this app will be removed.

UPDATEBoth the Galaxy Watch Active and the Galaxy S9 phone BP apps now work.  I think they were pushing an update to the software.  There are a couple more options available on the app.

Samsung_cQC5CS7
Astronaut

No I haven't, I didn't even know Galaxy had a watch.

userum0nlBRJZq
Constellation

This is extremely frustrating to me. I have hypertension and the whole reason I pre-ordered this watch is because I was sold on this feature. I don't have a Samsung phone and if this is the way they are going to handle things, I never will.

Highlighted
GaminKWB
Asteroid

@userum0nlBRJZq wrote:

This is extremely frustrating to me. I have hypertension and the whole reason I pre-ordered this watch is because I was sold on this feature. I don't have a Samsung phone and if this is the way they are going to handle things, I never will.

I'm in the same boat as you. My last message from Comcast was 'Contact the developer'. Still waiting for something official.

ChrisMoo
Cosmic Ray

This was my chat just now:

Let me know with which phone you have paired the watch?

1:02 PM
iphone

1:02 PM
also tried a Galaxy S7 but my main phone is an iPhone 7

1:03 PM
Have you downloaded teh My BP Lab app on iPhone from app store?

1:04 PM
It is not listed in the App Store

1:06 PM
As per details, it was meant to get released on 15th March. I'll take this issue documented for you so that our dedicated team will revert to you within next 24 hours regarding the issue.

I'll need your full name and email address to raise a ticket for you.

So is there meant to be an iPhone app at launch then

1:07 PM
Chris , ____@hotmail.com

1:07 PM
Yes, correct.

1:08 PM
Thanks for the details.

1:08 PM

Please allow me a few minutes to raise a ticket for you.