cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userACk9LoUZDm
Constellation

Re: Galaxy Watch Active Blood Pressure - My BP Lab - Any News?

just got this reply from my bplab Hi "Thank you for your email. In order to participate in this study, you will indeed need an eligible Samsung phone (Galaxy S9/S10). The calibration process requires users to take a blood pressure measurement on the specialized optic sensor that only the models listed above have. My BPLab is a research study that requires participants to have either the S9 or S10 so unfortunately, the Galaxy Active watch must be paired with one of these phones in order to use the My BPLab watch app. Best, My BPLab"
userpMgFwKaOxb
Cosmic Ray

I just received the exact same reply - canned.  I replied to that message and asked why the S9 and S10 were the only elligible phones as the same sensors are supposedly in the Galaxy Watch Active.

Somehow I don't expect a reply if they are already supplying canned answers.  So much for this watch.  I'm frankly fed up with this company's marketing hype and general lack of marketing candor.  Too bad too, as this type of stuff hurts the bottom line over time.

bryantw
Cosmic Ray

Thanks for the info from the developer. 

Looks like some of those even with the required phones can't get it to work with the watch.

This is where Samsung should step forward and make an official announcement and admit that not disclosing the fact that only certain Samsung phones will allow bp readings from the watch is a gross misrepresentation of their product. 

user6L85cuNtN9
Asteroid

Looks like I'll be returning mine.  Thanks for passing along their reply.  

Stephan67
Asteroid

Reading Samsungs news:

https://news.samsung.com/us/samsung-wearable-galaxy-watch-active-galaxy-fit-galaxy-buds-unpacked-201...

• Blood Pressure Monitoring[1]: New to the Galaxy wearable line, Galaxy Watch Active puts smarter blood pressure tracking on your wrist. Starting March 15, users can download My BP Lab, the research app jointly developed with the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF), directly to Galaxy Watch Active to monitor blood pressure and keep better track of their physical health every day.
  • [1]Available in beta in 5 countries including: U.S., Canada, Singapore, Australia, and Germany.

And comparing it to the answer i ve got from the customer service:

... bitte entschuldigen Sie, dass wir uns erst heute bei Ihnen melden können. Die Antwort auf Ihre Frage zu Ihrem Samsung Galaxy Watch Active hole ich jetzt gerne nach.

Die Samsung Galaxy Watch Active unterstützt die Messung des Puls über den entsprechenden Pulssensor. Eine entsprechende Funktion zum Blutdruckmessen bzw. die Hardwarevorraussetzungen dafür bestehen jedoch nicht.

Good night Samsung

userL2lZBHurwH
Asteroid

Does anyone have the My BPP 2.0 apk for the active watch, so we can try sideloading it?  I have sideloaded the app on my S8 but need the app for the watch now.  

bryantw
Cosmic Ray

I think the phone app is required to load the watch app.

userL2lZBHurwH
Asteroid

I have sideloaded the phone app on my S8, but the active watch app is not viewable in the galaxy store, most likely because it is limited to the S9 and above, but the watch app should work fine if we can get it and side load it to the watch.  It is the stupid store limiting the app to only S9 and S10 phones.  

ChrisMoo
Cosmic Ray

Samsung support told me that Galaxy watches can not monitor blood pressure and that it requires special medical devices to do so. 

What is going on with Samsung support. 

I’ll start processing a return for this useless piece of junk. What abysmal support and failed promises. 

Highlighted
userpMgFwKaOxb
Cosmic Ray

I don't think either the manufacturer (Samsung) or the developer (Sage of My BP Lab) get it.  Why would consumers take them seriously in the future.  I cut manufacturers slack all the time as they tend to over-hype their stuff as the next thing since sliced bread, but when you have press releases and media stories (those places didn't make this stuff up) you have to wonder if they care at all, or they think their customers will simply buy any slock they throw at them.  To some extent it must be true.  I bought in and apparently a lot of you did also.  It won't happen again and I'll never order anything on pre-release again, which in retrospect the hype was no doubt a mechanism to raise release sales and score a big marketing win.