cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChrisMoo
Cosmic Ray

Re: Galaxy Watch Active Blood Pressure - My BP Lab - Any News?

Well they deleted my feedback. The only actions Samsung has publically made on the raised issue. 

Beyond disappointed. 

bryantw
Cosmic Ray

They deleted your feedback on this thread?

Think my watch active is going back to bestbuy.

userqm0UsD3Ckl
Constellation

There's honestly no reason for the app to require an S9, S10, or S10+.  I have the S10e , which has the same internal hardware as the S10/S10+ and I cannot get the app.  This makes no sense as the sensor that is utilized is located on the watch, not the phone.  I pre-ordered the phone and watch at the same time and now I am forced to return the watch as the blood pressure monitoring was the main feature I wanted.  I'm not willing to exchange my S10e for the more expensive models. $750 is already too much for a phone. This will be my last Samsung purchase.

ChrisMoo
Cosmic Ray

EXACTLY.  They detailed nothing about device support and I presumed it would be a function of Samsung Health as the sensor is in the watch. I have a iPhone so had hoped the health app would be sufficient support for the watch hardware. 

I wish i could find the Samsung Gear Product Manager to contact and give some advice and feedback. 

I guess Samsung will have like a 90% return rate in this model. Shame as it’s a nice piece of hardware. 

userpMgFwKaOxb
Cosmic Ray

Here's the thing: you have to remember that My BP Lab is being developed by Sage, a 3 party source.  This joint development that Samsung talks about in their release sheet is grandiousizing.  Their joint development is limited to producing the watch (which uses the same sensor that is in the S9/S10.  Sage is working for UCSF on their project that uses Samsung's technology.  So in essence I would not expect that Sage/UCSF would necessarilly change their code to introduce new variables (a host of different manufacturer's android cell phones) into their study which could dilute the validity of their data.  But that, if it is the case and sure sounds like it, does not absolve Samsung (in my opinion) for selling something as more than it really is.

bryantw
Cosmic Ray

If a company advertises a product with certain features but fails to show the requirements needed to access those features it is false advertising. 

Now if they would just come clean and tell us they are working to make the bp feature availabe to all phones, some of us might hold out for a bit before returning the watch active. 

I have a note 8. Not an old phone by any means. The fact that this phone doesn't have the required sensors for bp measurements is a moot point as the watch active does have those sensors.

Highlighted
userpMgFwKaOxb
Cosmic Ray

But they did come clean when the My BPLab folks responded to me and one other on this list and said outright that the study required an "elligible phone" namely an S9 or S10. They want consistency for their study. Whether or not other phones could work it may be beyond the scope of their contract with UCSF to test for that. So when I pointed out the fact that the same sensors we're in the watch that are in the S9 or S10 it may be in material to them as it is not their responsibility to vet other vendors products. The responsibility for that resides with Samsung and if anything they should be responsible for production of a commercial piece of software. This whole debacle belongs to Samsung.
bryantw
Cosmic Ray

Yes I blame samsung for not clearly stating that bp only works for certain samsung phones. 

I like the watch active but that is the only reason I bought it. 

My bp lab should make their app compatible for all phones but limit their study to just those with the S9 and above phones.

I like my watch I really do but samsung needs to get a ton of these back for the false advertising. 

userpMgFwKaOxb
Cosmic Ray

Agreed on all counts.

bryantw
Cosmic Ray

Looks like bestbuy has a bunch of open box watch actives available. $149 instead of $199.

Probably us non Samsung s9 and newer phone owners.

Only a week old and $50 off.