cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userXkdeqjvtFe
Constellation

Re: Galaxy Watch Active Blood Pressure - My BP Lab - Any News?

I wonder: Did anyone try to load it on a galaxy watch LTE version? The video on mybplab.com seems as if they were using the 42mm all black version in their lab trials...

IF it worked on a LTE 46mm version of the galaxy watch then I'd buy it... Otherwise I'll stay with withings for the time being samsung pay on the phone is my favourite but without bp monitoring a watch is not enough of a lure to buy in and upgrade a phone (app is not available yet in Switzerland anyway...).

bryantw
Cosmic Ray

My understanding was the watch active was the first watch from samsung capable of blood pressure readings.

That video does show a watch other than the active being used though.

Samsung needs to make the blood pressure readings available in it's own S health app. Hope they are working on it and get it done soon.

Stopped by bestbuy today to pick something else up and told the guy that I will probably be returning the watch active, have till Friday the 23rd.

He asked why and I told him the bp doesn't work on anything pre S9 and he said it doesn't take bp. Told him it does, he said it doesn't say it does on bestbuy's website (it does).

I told him that is probably why you have so many open box watch actives for sale. Only works on S9 and newer and even excludes the S10e.

Anyway the samsung pay on the watch active is very nice indeed. It goes for a full 60 seconds and on my Note 8 it only goes for like 15 seconds. So way easier to use on the watch

CompuChip
Asteroid

Has anyone verified that the app works with the Note 9? I've been considering upgrading to that anyway at some point.
userX1fk4pESIl
Asteroid

Yes. The My BP Lab 2.0 works on the Note 9. The Note 9 will allow you to see/install the My BP Lab 2.0 watch plug-in for the Galaxy Watch Active via the Galaxy Store. When both smartphone and watch apps are installed, then the watch will be able to do BP. Note that you don't really need the watch to use My BP Lab 2.0 on the Note 9. The Note 9 has the sensors to do cuff-less BP.
upirons
Constellation

I was told yesterday that they plan to have an update to the watch soon that will allow us to install the app directly to the watch. I sure hope this is true but will believe it when I see it. They also said an ios version is in the works but again, grain of salt here.
Highlighted
userpMgFwKaOxb
Cosmic Ray

Roger that!  I hope they make their mind up soon about releasing it.  I'm just about at the point of returning mine and have to decide soon.  They should have had that new app ready on day one.  Can you imagine buying a car and finding out that the transmission didn't work properly, but the manufacturer told yo that they were working on an improved transmission and it would be released soon (overly dramatic, I know.)

user2sWoezJQwG
Asteroid

Who told you? A Samsung rep or a My BP Lab rep? Did they frame anything around "soon?"

useravucLmQYbh
Asteroid

Even if we can download it on the watch, don't we still need an S9/S10 phone to actually use it? 

CompuChip
Asteroid

There is zero reason to require a s9/s10/note 9 phone to use it since the sensor is in the watch.

The only reason for those phones is because the phones also have the sensor in it. The problem is that the play store restricts apps by phones, not by watches. I'm guessing they are afraid that if they open it to all phones, then people without the watch will download the app and then complain that it doesn't work on their phone or watch.

user2sWoezJQwG
Asteroid

Which should hardly matter since the rating is sitting at a 2.5