cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userWxp9X0AoKi
Cosmic Ray

Re: Galaxy Watch Active Blood Pressure - My BP Lab - Any News?

This thing can't even count a step or a floor climbed and we're supposed to trust it to accurately measure blood pressure? Yikes!

ChrisMoo
Cosmic Ray

I’ve had nothing back of any use from Samsung. One person responded that blood pressure reading required special medical devices so a watch would never be able to take blood pressure.  

All of my responses back have been wrong, inconsistent and done nothing but raise my blood pressure. Well....I think it is raised. I’d try to measure it but you know......

GaminKWB
Asteroid

Just got this from a My BP Labs rep: "Hi Kevin, Thank you for your email. In order to participate in this study, you will indeed need an eligible Samsung phone (Galaxy S9/S10, Note 9). The calibration process requires users to take a blood pressure measurement on the specialized optic sensor that only the models listed above have. Unfortunately, the Galaxy Active watch must be paired with an eligible phone in order to use the My BPLab watch app. Regards, Joshua"
userpMgFwKaOxb
Cosmic Ray

Yep, this is the same thing that I received from My BP Lab two days ago though my reply came from My BP Lab and not quite as cordial as "Regards, Joshua".  Another user received the same reply as I got and posted it a couple of days ago, please check it out (~page 12 or 13 of these postings).  Samsung sold us the stuff, Samsung made the promises, and I think Samsung owes us a cogent explanation of why they messed up or if they have a pleasant surprise for us.

useravucLmQYbh
Asteroid

Did you notice that Samsung & Best Buy removed the BP information from their site? However, B&H Photo Video still have the blood pressure information up on their site. It seems like Samsung would rather pretend it never happened than release any type of public statement. 

This whole situation is stupid. They shouldn't have advertised that feature in the first place.

userpMgFwKaOxb
Cosmic Ray

It has all been sanitized, but they can't run from their press releases and all of the media stories fueled by their press releases.  They (Samsung) has been talking about integrating blood pressure measurement in their Galaxy Watches for well over a year and that means the R+D has been in the pipline  for at least that time more.

Gupiter
Constellation

This is not good news. This feature was one of the main reasons I bought the watch, and I have an S8. Why are they requiring using the sensor on the Note 8/ S9/S10 when it uses the same sensor as on the watch? I understood that they needed first taking a baseline reading using a cuff in order to calibrate it at the beginning. I planned on using a pretty accurate automated cuff I have to do this.

But why require using the sensor in the Note 9/ S9/ S10 to do this when it can't serve as an accurate baseline?

They should partner with Gigi and allow syncing with the BP machines found in many Rite Aids and Walgreens to get the baseline. Or they should allow allow Galaxy Watch Active users to install it right in the watch from the Galaxy Store, or use our own cuffs to determine the baseline just like current My BP Labs 2.0 have to do!!

Highlighted
userpMgFwKaOxb
Cosmic Ray

Well, I like the watch overall, but the BP measurement was the primary feature I was looking for and was weighing both the Active against the Asus Vivowatch BP (about the same price).  The Asus product is up for FDA certification, but not yet available in the US.  I could get one via Amazon or EBay, but the warranty may be questionable that way.  It measures BP with or without FDA clearance with no need for an S9/S10 and is somewhat available now.  The Active is supposedly not up for FDA clearance now and requires an S9/S10 to measure BP.  So I'm looking to return this one and get one that works.

GeorgeTo
Asteroid

You are perfectly and totally right. Big like. 

GeorgeTo
Asteroid

So, bye bye my wish for this feature,on Samsung.