cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung_h7sgDQQ
Astronaut

Re: Galaxy Watch Active Blood Pressure - My BP Lab - Any News?

Class action lawsuit... who wants in?

userh4U47bxokM
Constellation

Since they cleary have misled everyone with false advertising, it would be a smart move for them to proactively offer rebates.

Martinjv71
Constellation

Let's do it

Yahtzee
Cosmic Ray

Wow. No more mention of the blood pressure monitoring feature on their website ha

Disclaimer - I finally set my blood pressure monitoring up on the watch yesterday and so far it appears to be working. Accuracy is questionable since this is still a project in development with UCSF. I might get a cheap cuff monitor at home just to compare and calibrate.

That said, I did notice this gem about getting real time alerts about irregular beat??? What? Where? How?

https://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/wearables/galaxy-watch-active/?cid=sem-mktg-pfs-wea-30519-22537&gc...

Samsung Care Ambassador

I wonder if the Gear Sport will be able to detect irregular hearbeats too? 

Samsung_h7sgDQQ
Astronaut

This just in. Stopped by bestbuy and you can no longer order the active with a warranty....

ChrisMoo
Cosmic Ray

Anyone seen/got any updates or are people just returning the watch????

userpMgFwKaOxb
Cosmic Ray

Returned - there has been nothing but deafening radio silence.  My opinions are that they are just hoping that this whole shebang blows over - SOP.  Media outlets have not touched it, except for one blogger.  They may be afraid of losing advertising revenue, who knows.

ChrisMoo
Cosmic Ray

This was my experience, apparently I was past the 15 day returns.  This is what you have to deal with to get it returned - a product that does not work as advertised, service/functionality does not delivr until a week into the returns period and then non-existent support from Samsung and incoherent answers from them regarding the product.

Good luck fellow returners, I hope this helps you get yours back if you have the same issues I did with support:

Hello Chris Moore! I'm Samsung's automated Virtual Agent. Here to help you.

2:56 PM

Here are some topics we can start with.

2:56 PM

At any time you can type 'Menu' or click on menu button to see available options.

Support for a product I already own

Help me with existing order

Help me with a service request

Samsung Promotions Support

2:57 PM

Returns

Samsung will accept for return, defective or unopened merchandise purchased at Samsung.com/US, within 30 days of purchase including 15 days to receive your RMA and 15 days to ship back the product. All merchandise returned to Samsung must be in the original packaging with all original items (such as manuals, remotes, cables, etc.) accompanying the merchandise and a copy of the invoice/packing slip included to be eligible for return or exchange.

Click Here for more details

Would you like more help?

Connect to a person

Tell me in a few words what you need help with so our team member can better assist you.

Returns

Samsung will accept for return, defective or unopened merchandise purchased at Samsung.com/US, within 30 days of purchase including 15 days to receive your RMA and 15 days to ship back the product. All merchandise returned to Samsung must be in the original packaging with all original items (such as manuals, remotes, cables, etc.) accompanying the merchandise and a copy of the invoice/packing slip included to be eligible for return or exchange.

Click Here for more details

Would you like more help?

2:59 PM

Connect to a person

Tell me in a few words what you need help with so our team member can better assist you.

cannot process return

Could you try to rephrase the question? Using different words can sometimes help.

human

Sorry still not sure that I can help, let me connect you to one of our team members to help you out.

Chat with a person

Select the type of Support you are looking for

Product Technical Support

Product Technical ...

Get support for product setup and ot ...

Sales orders Support

Sales orders Suppo ...

Ask questions regarding our order, s ...

Promotions

Promotions

Get information on promotional offer ...

Next

Sales orders Support

3:00 PM

galaxy active watch blood pressure

Connecting to Samsung Care Pro

You are connected with Kanukati Mamatha from Samsung Customer Care.

Hello Chris,

Thank you for contacting Samsung eCommerce Support!

Hello Kanukati

3:01 PM

I see that you want to return the product of Galaxy watch.

3:01 PM

yes

3:02 PM

It does not do what Samsung advertised and no-one is resolving the issue.

False advertising regarding the blood pressure reading

I will transfer this chat to the appropriate team , so that they can assist you with the query.

3:03 PM

Hello Chris!

3:03 PM

Hello

3:04 PM

how do I return the watch?

3:04 PM

Let me go through the previous conversation.

3:06 PM

The return option is available within 15 days from the date you received the order.

3:06 PM

You have to initiate the return from your order lookup page within 15 days.

3:07 PM

the order lookup page is not working

PLUS the device does not do as advertised so even if past Samsung should honor any returns for this watch

As you order exceeded the 15 days return period you didn't have the option to return the device.

3:08 PM

The watch does not do as advertised

3:09 PM

If you have technical issue with the working of the watch we have a dedicated team to assist you.

Samsung needs to take returns for a device they sold that is not fit for purpose

Please stay on the line while I quickly transfer the chat to the dedicated team for further assistance.

nop

the blood pressure functionality does not work as advertised and marketed

the watch is not fit for function so requires a return

It's mandatory to initiate the return within 15 days.

3:10 PM

It is legal that you need to deliver a product as advertised

Samsung advertised this watch as having blood pressure functionality

If you contacted us within return period I would have surely helped you.

3:11 PM

In this case we're out of return option.

3:11 PM

it did not stipulate specific phones or requireemnts

3:12 PM

Please escalate to a supervisor. I have been trying to get information from Samsung on how to resolve this, Samsung has publically been silent, removed information from their site regarding this functionality and not honoroed or delivered what was marketed

3:13 PM

I checked with the supervisor, if you contacted us before the 15 days you received the order, we have option to help you with the return.

Highlighted
userpMgFwKaOxb
Cosmic Ray

Unbelievable, The interesting thing is that supposedly (if it worked as they said it would) the blood pressure measurment capability would have gone "live" 7 days after the watch became available on March 8.  So in essence you had only 8 days to determine if the watch worked as advertised, again if it actually worked as advertised.  So much for good customer relations!