cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChrisMoo
Cosmic Ray

Re: Galaxy Watch Active Blood Pressure - My BP Lab - Any News?

Exactly and that was my beef - support could not even get their stuff together to provide any real message, support or response.

Push hard and you can get a return, they deserve to get every one of these watches back in their warehouses.

Highlighted
userpMgFwKaOxb
Cosmic Ray

I posted a lengthy review on the Samsung website.  I hardly ever go into the type of detail I devoted to this watch, but I was genuinely disappointed with it.  I've previously been using a Gear Fit 2 (which I went back to wearing as soon as I sent the Active back) and was pleasantly surprised to find that they had updated the Samsung Accessory software and now I get even better battery lifetime out of it.  I had set up the Active to get 3.5 to 4 days out of a single charge....oh well. 

user2gpYYPdUYC
Constellation

Weird thing happened today. When I start Samsung Health App on Phone this morning for  second Blood Pressure widget was on the screen! Then when it automatically refresh its gone. I have s8+ and My BP installed from the Apk...

ChrisMoo
Cosmic Ray

Mine did that after I sideloaded the APK on an S7, the BP app said it detected a watch but it got no further than that - mine has gone back to Samsung.....

userJK60pjiK5j
Cosmic Ray

You can always load up the BP widget in Samsung Health, it allows you to manually enter it, you just need to enable it in the settings.  I sideloaded the apk on my OP6T as well and it detects the watch then crashes when trying to get the app onto the watch.  I still have hopes that they will enable it once they figure out the best way to do it with the researchers at UCSF so as not to taint the study and still deliver on the features of the watch.  We just need to keep pushing Samsung to make a definitive statement on their intentions with the feature going forward.  

user2gpYYPdUYC
Constellation

@userJK60pjiK5j wrote:

You can always load up the BP widget in Samsung Health, it allows you to manually enter it, you just need to enable it in the settings.  

I know that. I'm saying about The My BP Lab widget, not the stock one.

userJK60pjiK5j
Cosmic Ray

Ah cool! So perhaps some progress?  Let's hope.

GeorgeTo
Asteroid

Hi all! 

So the app will be available only for watch or still need phone too? I don't own Samsung smartphone... I understand My Lab app is for testing people about 3 weeks, to understand if app must be improved in some ways. 

I bought the watch and now I don't know if I will return or not  because we didn't got any news about blood presure feature. 

userJK60pjiK5j
Cosmic Ray

That's the problem we all have right now.  Samsung and the team creating MyBPLab have been very silent about making a definitive statement on what their plans are.  Right now it only works if you have an S9, S9+, Note 9, S10, or S10+.  No idea if or when they might make it available to others.  What's ironic is that if you have one of those phones, you can take measurements with only the watch, you just need the app on the phone to get it to work.

ChrisMoo
Cosmic Ray

and that is the sheer stupidity and simplicity of it all.....mine's on its way back to Samsung, thoroughly disappointed.