cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userpMgFwKaOxb
Cosmic Ray

Re: Galaxy Watch Active Blood Pressure - My BP Lab - Any News?

There was a Engadget article released today about the Samsung Galaxy Watch Active that said the ability to read blood pressure was really just part of a study with UCSF "rather than an actual feature."  What kind of a gobbly-goo statement is that?  The Samsung press release for the product pushed it as a major feature.  Nearly every online, gear-head publication was waxing sweet little ditties about how neat a feature it was (though some were realistic in that regard.)  The plain truth is that the least anyone can say about this whole episode is that the blood pressure measurement was vastly over-sold.

GeorgeTo
Asteroid

I will open court case
userJK60pjiK5j
Cosmic Ray

Sure would be nice for them to have a comment about this.  They have told people to keep an eye out on the samsung newsroom.  I certainly don't expect them to put anything there that isn't stellar news.  In the meantime, it's disappointing that an 18 page thread about this has gotten absolutely 0 attention from Samsung.

Samsung Care Ambassador

If your comfortable with it you can download the apk from apkmirror.com and see if it will work I download everything from there 

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/sage-bionetworks/my-bp-lab/my-bp-lab-2-0-6-release/my-bp-lab-2-0-6-and...

Gary-B82-Ambassador-Signature2Note 10+ Verizon Wireless
userJK60pjiK5j
Cosmic Ray

@GaryB82 wrote:

If your comfortable with it you can download the apk from apkmirror.com and see if it will work I download everything from there 

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/sage-bionetworks/my-bp-lab/my-bp-lab-2-0-6-release/my-bp-lab-2-0-6-and...

It's a slight improvement over the 2.0 version which would crash when I tried to "set up watch".  It loads up galaxy store, but I can't seem to find the app for the watch there.  Anyone know if there's a way to get the app onto the watch?  I have a GWA with a OP6T.

useraKG5g2q28l
Constellation

I've started contacting news outlets. You should as well they just not putting it out. Samsung needs to fix this. 99% of people got this watch for blood pressure. I've searched hi and low away to get app on watch side load but nothing.  It's worth a try contact every big news company. The more that do it maybe they will do story. I done USA today. Samsung this is not right you have now turned me against you. I've been on board from the first note I have Samsung everything. I'm going to another brand.

Samsung Care Ambassador

My BP labs is a 3rd party app, not Samsung.

Maks327
Constellation

No offense, but saying that My BP Lab is a 3rd party app is copping out of the problem. Samsung touted the BP tracking feature as the FIRST highlighted feature when the watch was announced (see link below). The only caveat they said about the feature is that it was in beta in 5 countries, but did not mention anything about being phone specific. It's clear the actual My BP Lab app works fine when sideloaded on other phones, Samsung is just restricting the app from being downloaded to the watch via the Galaxy store. https://news.samsung.com/us/samsung-wearable-galaxy-watch-active-galaxy-fit-galaxy-buds-unpacked-201...
userpMgFwKaOxb
Cosmic Ray

I was not able to sideload the My BPLab app onto my Moto G6 and I tried every which way to do it, so that is not clear.  As a result the watch was returned - no joy, full stop.  As I have previously said, the watch is nice, but they messed up big-time on the BP measurement "feature" and the need for an S9/S10 to make it work.  They were more interested in pre-release sales than customer satisfaction - very short-sighted.

bryantw
Cosmic Ray

Samsung never clearly communicated that the bp feature on their new watch only works with certain samsung phones and somehow that is the consumers fault? Hahahahahahaha