cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userJK60pjiK5j
Cosmic Ray

Re: Galaxy Watch Active Blood Pressure - My BP Lab - Any News?

You are being exceedingly generous to Samsung. They announced that BP measurement and tracking is available on the Galaxy Watch Active. Then they said they will work and help them in making that happen and for all of us to wait and watch out for any news on a feature that they touted on stage and broadcasted to millions. There is a clear lack of regular updates and transparency on the issue.
userUGFt8q9Kb8
Asteroid

Glad Samsung's typical false advertising hasn't costed me much. Last Samsung phone I had was the s6 and I plan on keeping it that way now. What a shame, they make some good hardware.

It is interesting that Samsung representatives are so active in other topics however ignore this one. One wonders if they are worried about liability. 

In my opinion it would be a good idea to go over Samsung's marketing material for this watch with a lawyer. 

maclex
Constellation

No necessary software now for my watch Active in Store now

On Note9 works good...

userpMgFwKaOxb
Cosmic Ray

Well, the way it was hyped and pre-sold (and to some extent continues to be sold) it should have worked on other phone than high-end Samsung equipment.  That little detail was conveniently omitted from the marketing ads and press releases generating media hype.

Mine went back.

userUGFt8q9Kb8
Asteroid

https://news.samsung.com/us/samsung-wearable-galaxy-watch-active-galaxy-fit-galaxy-buds-unpacked-201... Here Samsung markets Blood Pressure Monitoring with "Available in beta in 5 countries including: U.S., Canada, Singapore, Australia, and Germany." being the only stipulation. This is patently false as has been observed in this thread as well as by Samsung corporate and the partner for the my bp lab study. Archives are available if Samsung changes the press release.
userJK60pjiK5j
Cosmic Ray

Has there been any updates about this?  Has anyone had any success sideloading the app on a non-S9/S10/Note9 phone and getting the watch to take measurements?

Highlighted
maclex
Constellation

Active watch NOT installed - no any way

Note9 works ok

But I want watch to be active on this deal Smiley Sad

userUGFt8q9Kb8
Asteroid

Anyone wonder why Samsung never replied? I get the feeling they've already gone through arbitration with many many users for their false advertising and would like the fire to die.

user0koB5Ep8Xz
Asteroid

I just upgraded from a Note 8 to a Note 10+, so I finally got to try out the blood pressure function on my Galaxy Watch Active. I have it working, and have tested it with a OMRON blood pressure cuff, and also double checked with manual measurements with a  sphygmomanometer/stethoscope. Both the automatic cuff and manual measurements agree with each other pretty much dead on. I can calibrate the watch and it might be within +-5 for readings directly after calibration, but if you try it later on the day or days later, it can have wild swings that are more than +-15 when once again comparing to the automatic or manual cuff readings. That makes it pretty worthless, and that's probably why this feature has flopped for Samsung. Either it's technically not possible to get accuracy on a wrist that uses LEDs to try to calculate the blood pressure, or the technology isn't ready for prime time. If you Google around about it, most medical references seem to agree that you just aren't going to have a reliable and accurate reading without having an inflatable cuff that's actually going to occlude the artery to measure the traditional way.

I understand everyone's anxiousness to have the feature working on their watch, and the frustation in the initial advertising that seemed to imply this was a feature ready for prime time. I was one of those people on both counts, but after actually using it for several days, it's pretty obvious that the feature is worthless in its current implementation.