Original topic:

Galaxy Watch Active Guided Frequency Announcements Cycling

(Topic created: 04-21-2021 04:02 AM)
J E
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

On Galaxy Watch Active (1), Guided Announcements option is unavailable for Cycling.  I have reviewed the setting mentioned in this thread (https://www.samsung.com/au/support/mobile-devices/stop-audio-announcements-when-exercising/), but these option are unavailable for cycling on my watch.  Audible notification were automatically enabled after my most recent update on 01 March 2021, as prior to this, I was able to disable this feature somehow.

Device: Samsung Active Watch

Software Information

- One UI Version: 2.0

- Tizen: 5.5.0.1

- Software Version: R500XXU1FUB5

- Knox: 2.5.0

- Knox SDK: 2.5.0

- SE Tizen: 2.0.0

- TIMZ: 3.0.0

0 Likes
5 Replies
Options
Galaxy Watch

I don't have your SW version or watch (I have GW) but to disable or change guide frequency try this path instead:

* Use the Samsung Health WIDGET where you manually can start a workout (but don't start it).
* Scroll to the activity (Cycling). I have 3 settings-dots next to each activity.
* Tap on the 3 dots opens a page with many different settings.
* Scroll down to Guide Frequency.

Again, your SW version might show it differently but the description in your link is not correct for my watch either.

0 Likes
J E
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for the Reply!

I found some setting that might work, but I won't know until my next bike ride.  The interesting part about the directions I gave in the above link, is that the Guide Frequency option is available for many of the other workouts, if not all.. except cycling.  Seems Odd..

I will update the thread after my next ride.

Thanks Again

0 Likes
J E
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Looks like this didn't work.  I went for a ride yesterday and continued to receive lap notifications for each mile.  It's annoying because I listen to music over a small speaker mounted to my bike.  Headphones aren't safe for riding on the road, but I don't want to announce all my stats to the world each time I ride..

Any other options?

I feel like this was updated somewhere along the way because I rode my bike using this watch all last summer and I never experience this.  It only started after the latest update... I know this watch is still for sale through many outlets and given the most recent update, it seems to be receiving continued support.

Is there a way this could get the attention of the developers?

Please advise.

0 Likes
J E
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Just to confirm.. The "Guide Frequency" setting is not available for the Cycling working on my Galaxy Active Watch.  It is available for several other workouts, but not Cycling.

This has become quite annoying during my frequent cycling outings!!

Does anyone out there have a solution or reason why this option is unavailable on my watch??

0 Likes
J E
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Received a recent update to my watch, here is the latest info:

Device: Samsung Galaxy Active Watch (0D4F)

Software Information

- One UI Version: 2.0

- Tizen: 5.5.0.1

- Software Version: R500XXU1FUD1 **  (Updated)

- Knox: 2.5.0

- Knox SDK: 2.5.0

- SE Tizen: 2.0.0

- TIMA: 3.0.0

Guide Frequency option is still missing from cycling activity, however this option is present on many other exercises.  Upon further research it looks like the option is also missing for the running workout as well.  these both seem to activities where an individual may be using either headphones or a speaker during the workout.  Having an option to toggle Guide Frequency off/on during these workouts would be a great option to add back to the device.  

Please review previous replies for more details.   I will continue to update this thread periodically.

Thanks! 

0 Likes