cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Erock89
Constellation

Galaxy Watch Active Heart Rate Strap

I'm on the market for a new running watch. I've been using the same Garmin Forerunner for about 10 years now. I'm very interested in the Galaxy Active. I love the design, I love the features, I honestly love everything about it. However, there is one thing that has stopped me from purchasing the watch, and thats the heart rate sensor.  The wrist heart rate monitor is great for daily monitoring, and sleep patterns, but its less than ideal for my ultramarathon training. I've always used a heart rate monitor chest strap and I don't see myself ever steering away from that and soley using the wrist heart rate function. After watching some reviews on the watch it seems that you can't connect a heart rate chest strap via bluetooth or any other app. Is this true? Has anyone tried? If this is the case I hate to say it but I'll have to look elsewhere for a watch. I'm hoping I'm wrong because as I stated above I reallllyyyy like this watch. If this watch doesnt have that ability has anyone heard about the Active 2 and if that will have the ability?

1 REPLY 1
user4GFxZQiVGu
Astronaut

Re: Galaxy Watch Active Heart Rate Strap

No the galaxy watch active doesnt allow this natively unfortunately. Hopefully the watch active 2 does if it wants to truly compete with other fitness trackers on the market and the apple watch