JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Watch Active MASSIVE battery drain

(Topic created: 03-25-2021 06:19 PM)
teambrittana
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

My Galaxy Watch Active randomly started rapidly draining a few days ago during the night. During the day, power is fine, but when I go to bed with 80%ish battery, I wake up 8 hours later with a completely dead watch as in it turned itself off because the battery died. I've had the watch 14 months and am not using any new settings than I've always used. I even charged it so it was all the way to 95% last night before bed (10 pm), and I still woke up at 5:30 am to a dead watch. Anyone have any ideas? Thank you.

14 Replies
ROGeiss
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I am amazed at the comments saying the battery dies "at night".  I can't even get my watch to last from 9 am to 9 pm.  I've checked battery usage ... and settings seems to be using up all the battery.  Can someone explain that to me.

If you get a fix for this ..................please post it.  I've had the Active Watch2 for about 3 weeks .. and the battery will not last from 9am to 9pm.  I'm not playing music, not connect to wifi or bluetooth, .... I basically use it for the time, messages (which I might get 1 every 2 days) and phone calls (which is about the same, 1 or 2 every day).  No health, steps, heart monitor, mail etc.  I just unistalled spotify, ... (I don't even know what the heck spotify is anyway).

teambrittana
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
That's really terrible. I keep mine in Goodnight Mode all day except when I'm exercising, and I charge it in the morning during my shower... No battery life issues since turning off the Wi-Fi. I use constant HR monitoring and stress monitoring too. It sounds like you have hardly ANYTHING turned on, which practically defeats having a smart watch. Maybe call tech support? If they can't help, maybe your watch is actually defective.
0 Likes
Headwesty
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have recently started to experience this with my Watch Active.  I use it as an alarm and have it in Goodnight mode AND Flight mode.  Most nights this uses about 6% of the battery for the night but about 1 in 5 nights it drains completely from 100% about 7 hours and then powers off (with a vibrate that wakes me up   ðŸ˜   (hmm -that was an emoji in the editor...)).  Not much use as an alarm...

What is going on?

teambrittana
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Dumb question, but have you tried rebooting it or maybe even done a factory reset? I would try that first maybe.
0 Likes
Headwesty
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Just to report that following a couple of system updates in Spring 2021 this problem seems to be completely resolved - haven't see it for a couple of months.  I easily get 24 hours out of the watch and the battery issues seem to have gone away.