cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userVrgmByPEzf
Constellation

Galaxy Watch Active - Open Water Swimming

I am using my Galaxy Watch Active to track open water swimming with the Samsung Health app (since I have not found an alternative app to try). The distance never seems to come out right, it's either quite a bit more or quite a bit less than what I would have expected. I can't figure out what's going on because the Samsung Health app on my phone doesn't show a map of the swim, and the button to download a GPX file that appears for a tracked run does not show up for a swim. Does anybody know how to get the GPS data from a tracked open water swim, or at least how to improve the distance tracking?

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
Honored Contributor

Re: Galaxy Watch Active - Open Water Swimming

@userVrgmByPEzf wrote:

I am using my Galaxy Watch Active to track open water swimming with the Samsung Health app (since I have not found an alternative app to try). The distance never seems to come out right, it's either quite a bit more or quite a bit less than what I would have expected. I can't figure out what's going on because the Samsung Health app on my phone doesn't show a map of the swim, and the button to download a GPX file that appears for a tracked run does not show up for a swim. Does anybody know how to get the GPS data from a tracked open water swim, or at least how to improve the distance tracking?

Thank you.

I haven't done anything what you are mentioning here.  During the swim you have your phone too or only the watch?  I am wondering if you have GPS/Location turned on on your want or if the S Health app has permission to your location

userVrgmByPEzf
Constellation

I am using just my watch with GPS enabled. It is clearly using the GPS since it's providing a tracked distance, I just can't get the actual GPS data after a swim like I can if I use the watch to track running.

usermTdqdY53wC
Constellation

I have the same problem with my Garmin.   Put the watch in your swim cap it'll eliminate the back and forth motion od your arm. You'll lose your cadence matrix but at least the distance and speed data som be tracked.