cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danalb05
Asteroid

Galaxy Watch Active Update Error in Samsung Accessory Services and Galaxy Wear

I recently received an OTA update for the galaxy watch active through the wearable app and now I can no longer use my watch with my phone.

Since it happened, Samsung accessory services keeps trying to send files to my watch every time it's connected, completely draining the watch battery in a few hours.

To top it off, the galaxy wear app now crashes whenever I try to open it. 

I've tried resetting the watch (lost all my data because I couldn't back up, read: app crashes) and eating all data from the app as well as reinstalling.

Note: I am on Android Q Beta on my Pixel 2, but have been since it came out and only after the OTA from Samsung did this start happening.

8 REPLIES 8
user10ZgAUBxdp
Asteroid

Re: Latest Galaxy Watch Active Update Breaks Everything

Same problem here with my Pixel 3. Tried uninstalling everything, and now I can't sign into the Samsung account via the Wearable app, shows a white screen and that's it...

userQWLxiaMNCa
Constellation

Re: Latest Galaxy Watch Active Update Breaks Everything

Ditto. The Galaxy 46mm watch is nearly always in stand alone mode and the app keeps crashing. Forcing the app to stop and restarting reconnects to the watch for a short while. The watch now appears to drop the BT connection (presumably because it's not talking to the app?) and won't reconnect on its own. (LG G6+)

jmasiglat
Asteroid

Re: Galaxy Watch Active Update Error in Samsung Accessory Services and Galaxy Wear

i know you already said you tried multiple resets. but is it just a reset or a hard reset via recovery? this is what i did:

1. hard reset via recovery option on the watch (there is a tutorial on youtube how to hard reset. bummer on wiping all data)

2. force closed wearable app on phone

3. erased all data on wearable app on phone

4. uninstalled wearable app then reinstalled again via store.

tried pairing the watch and phone again. it worked. but then, another glitch: samsung health watch app wont update... samsung devs really need some QA guys before releasing updates.

the title/subject of this thread perfectly describes the problem. we are starting from scratch because of this update.

Highlighted
danalb05
Asteroid

Re: Galaxy Watch Active Update Error in Samsung Accessory Services and Galaxy Wear

Tried this but to no avail. The samsung wear app on the phone gets stuck. Killing it and getting back in force closes it every time.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@danalb05 Have you tried wiping the cache partition on the phone? Have you tried logging out of your Samsung account, clearing the cache on the wearables app and then signing back in?

danalb05
Asteroid

You can no longer wipe the cache partition on Pixels separately from completely wiping the data.

I've uninstalled the wearable apps. I'm goint to assume that wipes all cache and data as it asked me to sign in when I reinstalled.

bichard
Constellation

This happened to me, and support didn't really help. Basically, the app was actually updated but the Galaxy Wear app on my phone didn't think it was.

Here is how I fixed it:

1. I had to factory reset
2. Paired to phone, and signed into Samsung

3. Immediately turned auto update off in the phone app settings
4. Turned Bluetooth on my watch off to disconnect my phone
5. Connect to wifi on the watch (note: it seems like only 2.4ghz signals work)
6. Update the app directly on the watch (home button > Galaxy Store > tap three dots on the side > My apps > Samsung Health > Update)
7. Turn Bluetooth back on and it worked! Finally!!!!

danalb05
Asteroid

No luck here either.

I can't turn off auto update. As soon as the watch is paired on the phone, the phone app crashes and won't fire back up.

I also can't update Samsung Health on the watch. Whenever I go to My Apps, the watch won't move forward without connecting with the phone, even if the wifi is on and connected on the watch.