cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Galaxy Watch Active2 Heartrate sensor fell off

The heartrate sensor on my galaxy watch Active2 came loose after 7-8 months. I can see that the glue came undone, which makes no sense. I don't swim or shower in the watch (even though they say you can) and can't figure out HOW the glue came loose so quickly.

I had a Gear S2 for years without any issues, and this "upgrade " is now causing nothing but headaches.

I submitted a warranty review, but am not hopeful based on what I've read from others online. Has Samsung ever acknowledged that the heartrate sensor glue is defective? Any tips for getting this fixed under the warranty?

Lastly, if Samsung refuses to honor their warranty and fix this,  any recommendations for non-Apple smartwatch and smartphone combos? Have had 2 galaxy watches, and Galaxy S phones III, 5, 7 edge, and 9 so Samsung is all I've known for almost a decade.

1 REPLY 1
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Galaxy Watch Active2 Heartrate sensor fell off

Thank you for reaching out. I would be happy to look into this further for you. Can I please have your full model number, serial number/IMEI, and any pictures of the symptom you are experiencing in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.