cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Galaxy Watch Active2 Heartrate sensor fell off

Purchased this for my spouse on November 22, 2019 and last week the heartrate sensor cover fell off. It had some leftover glue on the back. After reading so many forum posts and comments I don't believe Samsung warranty is going to assist. Except trying to charge me somewhere around $250.00 to repair a watch that was never in the pool, never in the shower, she always took care of it. She just wanted a pretty pink watch that would keep track of things for her.

Has Samsung ever acknowledged that the heartrate sensor glue is defective? Any tips for getting this fixed under the warranty?

I have an iPhone and a Fitbit. I guess it may be time to move her from her Samsung phone and Samsung watch if we can't any type of resolution.

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Galaxy Watch Active2 Heartrate sensor fell off

Mine fell off too, last night. I bought it in early June so I haven't even had it for three months. I have NEVER worn it swimming or showering or immersed it in water. I have sweated in it - after all, it is called the ACTIVE watch.  According to these forums Samsung warranty is worthless. Did you try a warranty claim or try repairing it yourself?

Highlighted
Asteroid

<edit> I am definitely NOT purchasing another Samsung watch, since it seems they are all garbage and will not stand up for their products. I'll keep this post updated, if there is anything to update. It may also be time to just move her over to an iPhone and off of her Samsung phone as well. So disappointed. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

So your quick to edit me SamsungRei, but not quick to assist? At least point me in the right direction, something?

Here is the line that they edited, I changed the word to "garbage" since that seems like it's acceptable.
After all the warranty claim "garbage" I've read about, it may just be time for me to purchase another watch for the wife.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

I would like to look into this issue further for you. Can you send me a private message using this link here? http://bit.ly/2HP0oRi. Provide the following information.

• Model number
  • Serial number
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

I purchased my active2 in July and sensor cover fell off in August. In reading all the boards and comments, there is definitely an issue with the glue/silicone used on the sensor cover. For a watch rated for water and swimming, the glue cannot withstand sweat and moisture from summer heat. Help us out Samsung!
Highlighted
Astronaut

I purchased my active 2 December 2019. I just noticed today the back piece is missing. I took it off and saw glue all over. I turned it off and placed it in a Ziplock. Reading the threads, this is an ongoing issue, and some people are being asked to pay to fix it. I've never submerged my watch in any water, but yet it came off without me noticing it. Is there a solution to this at all? I love Samsung products, but this isn't good at the moment. Can I please get some assistance with this matter. Your help will be much appreciated. Thank you

Highlighted
Asteroid

The Samsung peeps on this forum came through!!! The wife has her watch back and it is now working perfectly. I give all the credit to the Samsung moderators on this forum, once they saw the post, I had all my documents in order, shipped it back and I received it back within a couple of days. My suggestion to everyone else having this problem. Don't give up, have everything in order, and be nice. Don't be like me and get frustrated and have to apologize, just be patient. Thank you Samsung, we have regained our faith in the products. And by the way, she LOVES her Samsung Galaxy Watch Active2!!

Highlighted
Constellation

Did you ever have to call Samsung?  I just bought mine in June and mine has already fallen off.  I have never submerged it in water.  I tried submitting a service request, and it errors out telling me that I have to call them.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I had to get a response from one of the the Samsung Moderators on this forum to get a resolution. Once they replied, then it got the ball rolling. Good luck, be persistant, be patient, but also be kind. Don't have to apologize like I had to. I just got frustrated and was not very nice. Don't give up!!!