cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Galaxy Watch Active2 Wear app won't work without device location all the time

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My Galaxy Watch Active2 Wear app won't work without device location all the time.

I do not want it to have my location all the time.

It does not need my location all the time to work correctly.

When I turn permissions to only while in use the app will not let me use it. When I launch the app it produces a pop up requesting that I change device location access to all the time. If I do not select all the time the app will close and not let me change watch faces or do ANYTHING else.

The app NEEDS device location ALL THE TIME to work?

This is unacceptable.

Why is this? How can I fix this?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Galaxy Watch Active2 Wear app won't work without device location all the time

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I understand your frustration. The watch needs your locations for a few reasons. One is for tracking. The watch tracks your steps. The way it does that is by tracking the distance you walk or run. Not the actual times your wrist moves. They implemented this new feature in the watches to better detect activity and give you an advanced use of your new watch. nother reason it needs your location is to use the find my mobile/find my watch features. These are available both on the watch and on the wearable app. Unfortunately that's the only way your wearable app will allow you to use it. I suggest you read the full terms and condition that come in the packaging of your watch. As you may find more answers in there. Thanks you, have a good day

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Galaxy Watch Active2 Wear app won't work without device location all the time

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I understand your frustration. The watch needs your locations for a few reasons. One is for tracking. The watch tracks your steps. The way it does that is by tracking the distance you walk or run. Not the actual times your wrist moves. They implemented this new feature in the watches to better detect activity and give you an advanced use of your new watch. nother reason it needs your location is to use the find my mobile/find my watch features. These are available both on the watch and on the wearable app. Unfortunately that's the only way your wearable app will allow you to use it. I suggest you read the full terms and condition that come in the packaging of your watch. As you may find more answers in there. Thanks you, have a good day

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for your kind and straight forward answer! I really appreciate it.