cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userVV7qYnccjH
Constellation

Re: Massive battery drain after sw update on galaxy watch

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue here on my 46mm Galaxy watch. The latest update means I now have to charge it every day.

i hope a better update can be released soon to fix this issue.

userYfss0PrACf
Astronaut

Re: Massive battery drain after sw update on galaxy watch

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Complety ok with you. Since last update on galaxy watch with same settings and after reset, the battery drains more than 50% in one day !!! very bad !!

userQ8n9eSXpLS
Constellation

For those looking for a solution to battery drain

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Try making sure that you have your mobile network turned off when you are around your phone and it can connect via bluetooth. I was getting about 8 hours out of my watch until I turned that off and now I'm getting the battery life I expected. I had mine set to auto detect, but clearly my watch was still looking for a network more often than i realized, and that's what was draining the battery. Hope this helps someone!!

Samsung_C6j0QWW
Constellation

HELP!!! Galaxy Watch Battery

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a 42mm Galaxy Watch

Model Number: SM-R810

Software: One UI version 1.0

My battery lasted 2 days before the software update. Now it lasts like 10 hrs tops without using the principal features.

Someone found a solution to this problem?? Please HELP!!!

tj_kritik
Astronaut

Galaxy Watch 42mm Lasts <12 Hours on Battery

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ever since picking up a 42mm Galaxy Watch (non-LTE) a few weeks ago, I have been experiencing extremely disappointing battery life. While I expected to have to charge my watch every night, I had at least hoped (based on the advertised battery life) to have it last through an entire day. Yet, I'm finding that on most days, I am lucky if I can get 12 hours of use from taking it off the charger in the morning until the battery dies (see attached).

Screenshot_20190704-011101_Galaxy Watch PlugIn.jpg

I should note that this is the best-case scenario, with all battery optimizations enabled (Wi-Fi off, NFC off, AOD off, GPS off, touch-to-wake off, auto-stress-tracking off, 10 minute HR intervals, and 10 second display timeout) and without using the watch to track any workouts. If I go for a run with the watch, I can expect that to knock another 30-40% off the battery, leaving me with maybe 6-8 hours of normal use.

This short of a battery life seems like it can't be working as intended, but I'm not sure what else to try: I've restarted the watch almost every day and factory-reset it half a dozen times since purchasing it (also to resolve issues I've been having with Samsung Health), I've tried completely discharging and recharging the battery. Is there anything else I can try to make the battery at least through an average day? Is this battery life considered normal for this model of watch?

userdAmECrD3XP
Constellation

Having the same issues. Work 12 hours and by the time I l...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Having the same issues. Work 12 hours and by the time I leave work its dead. I carry enough things to keep things charged

userEoEv1YzHnJ
Constellation

Tizen 4 ruined my watch entirely

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a Samsung Galaxy Watch with numerous problems since I upgraded to the version 4.0 of the Tizen operating system. Since then, the battery life has decreased a lot. It used to be 5 days with the clock with the basic functions (pulse, activity and sleep monitor), and now the battery life is 18 hours from 100% charge. This did not happen to me with the previous version of Tizen, everything has been as a result of having updated the operating system of my watch. It has been a huge mistake to have done it.

Another problem I have is that until now I used a widget that monitored all my activity for 24 hours. Now that sphere/widget log is no longer there, before it was very comfortable to see the dial of the clock with the activities I had done and the hours I had slept. Now none of that is there. The record has been lost.

Is there any way to download and downgrade the Tizen version to the previous version? Otherwise, I'm going to return my watch to Amazon.

Highlighted
MarkusRealy11
Asteroid

Galaxy Watch One UI update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is the One UI update already available for every Galaxy Watch?

I have one and the Wearable App says that I'm already using the latest software. A friend of mine already got the update.

Thanks

user5jX3DNUgir
Asteroid

Re: Galaxy Watch One UI update

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Yes. Don't do it. Nothing is any better with the update.
userdRFqpBVLjA
Asteroid

Re: Galaxy Watch One UI update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Do not update your watch it breaks the watch and then Samsung asks you to pay for the repairs. Read about it on this forum. it is a horrible idea avoid the update at all cost unless you want a paperweight for a watch.