cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarkSteidl
Constellation

Re: Massive battery drain after one ui update on galaxy watch

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm experiencing the same battery drain issue with new One UI update for galaxy watch. Battery on watch and S10+ draining faster. Any solutions? 

users24P6A4hLC
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same here. Battery on my galaxy watch drains crazy after the one ui update. 

userJmrarHSdxV
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same as with all major Samsung software updates then?  Glad i researched this before updating.  One UI looks horrible too.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Galaxy Watch (All Sizes) Extreme Battery Drain

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There are some steps you can take to improve your battery life. http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01003232/ Please let me know if these help.

If the steps listed in this thread are not helpful, repairs would be the only other option available at this time. You are welcome to private message us here with the full model code and serial number (IMEI number if it's carrier based) and we'd be happy to get this set up for you. 

View solution in original post

useryxHWgS1dEs
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same issue after the update, called Samsung and the tech was a jerk and told me that it can't be software because no other complaints have been logged...liar, just do a Google search once. Told me that my watch is no longer under warranty,  I just bought it in October 2018. Very unhappy with the service. 

useryxHWgS1dEs
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was told I need to send the watch in to have the battery changed and I would have to pay for it. My watch is only 8 months old. I've tried everything to fix the problem including a reset and nothing helps, this is frustrating and I can't even get a day out of the battery,  this update was to enhance the battery,  dont they test these updates thoroughly before releasing them ?

userJmrarHSdxV
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Amazing that they don't seem to test these things.  Then to make it worse they deny there's a problem.  Same thing happened when I updated my Gear S3 to the latest Tizen at the time (late 2017 I think).  It halved the battery life.  Again, they had claimed that the update would improve battery life.  I love my galaxy watch how it is now so I won't update, but annoying not to be able to use the latest version of the software.

Highlighted
userr1jWN6vo7v
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

my watch: S3 Frontier

I have serious battery drain problem after One UI update.  Prior to One UI update, I was getting over 24 hours easily, and immediately after the update, I only got about 6 hours.  This doesn't get me through the day.  It's is useless now if battery life is stuck at 6 hours.  Samsung! I hope you see this message and FIX battery drain problem ASAP or you will lose another loyal customer!!! 

AlessandroL
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem with Galaxy Watch. I installed update yesterday

user8zsKmo6ll3
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Battery drain problem 

Need to fixed it

I update on 29/05/19.

Not in use watch also battery drain fast.

Before 2.5 day running

After the update only 1 day battery is going on.

Very big problem plz fixed it.