cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: 42mm Galaxy Watch battery life

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I bought my Galaxy watch yesterday. Charged it to 100%, got 15 hours and down to 15%, instructions on line say to basically disable all features  and enable power saving. Of course many features and apps wont run under power saving. This had better improve, fast 

@jrgriffin82 wrote:

If you got one of the smaller galaxy watches I'd like to hear what kind of battery life you're getting and how heavy of a user you are. Yesterday when I got down to 15% I checked the battery stats in the app and I had only gotten 1 day and 54 minutes. That was with an almost hour long walk playing music and using Samsung health with GPS. I feel like I'm actually getting worse battery life than I did with my gear S2 sport. The 2 biggest drains are Samsung health and Bixby. I changed the setting for the automatic heart rate sensor from every 10 minutes to never. I really only care about that when I'm working out anyway. Just curious what others are getting with the battery. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just got this watch yesterday and I’m bout ready to pull my hair out. I did figure everything out by myself I could not call or get Sampson support anywhere. But I found this place. I remember reading that this battery life for the last three days seriously??  It was at 100% at 2 AM this morning. Now it’s 723. I’m at 37%. And I have been playing on it a little bit but really??

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Every hour -/-15%. In this case no workingday allowed without charging. Terrible!

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the 42 mm midnight black version for about two weeks. I typically have no AOD, permanent heart rate measurement , luminosity 7, bluetooth on, wifi off  nfc on and GPS off. I look at notifications frequently and take a couple of short calls on thevwatch.

With one hour at the gym I typically end the day with 60% left on my watch. I loose about 6% charge if I track my sleep with heart rate on. So yes the watch works more or less as advertised. I can easily get 2 to 2.5 days using as above . The real issue for me is that the step counter is way off typically 20% below the reliable and tested fitbit. Heart rate monitor often looses track at the gym. Overall great for notifications but flawed as a sports tracking device. Badly needa improved health tracking hopefully with a software update. Also Samsung health is a terrible app for tracking. For gym goers this is simply not an option . The app is that bad.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the 46m with Wifi, NFC and Bluetooth turned off and barely getting 2 days worth of battery.

I previously had the Gear 3 Frontier and regularly got 3-4 days of battery lige with Bluettoth on.

Seriously not impressed with the battery life and now playng with settings to try and prolong its life to anywhere near the 4-7 days promised!!!

Shoddy

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just received my wifi only 42mm edition on Saturday, and my battery life has been horrible. My brightness is at 1, wifi is off, nfc os off, I'm using a black watch face, always on is off, really the only draining feature I have on is constant HR because I want to use it for sleep tracking.  But I took it off the charger at 100% at 10:30am after a day of use and a 45 minute workout (its now 20:46) I'm at less than 50%. There's no way this is correct because by the time I go to bed it will be at maybe 10. So something is clearly wrong.  Samsung do you have any advice on fixing this issue because this is a fairly poor experience for a device advertised to last 4 days (I know user experience will vary but not this much).

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a 42mm watch and I use it just to receive calls, text, and notifications. I might get 2 calls a day a few texts and 20 notifications. It lasts me around a day. Is this normal? I am thinking about returning it and getting something else. I saved up and purchased it with excitement. But I'm disappointed now.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have had the 42mm version for just under a week and battery life is very poor.

I’ve been using it with frequent HR but today I tried it off completely and after 13hrs I’m at 10%.

BT on and connected to an iPhone 7.  Perhaps a dozen messages/notifications. No calls

Wi-Fi off

Location off

Want to extend battery life?  Go with low power mode.  Erm, no thanks.

The watch was a gift bought through Amazon a month ago.  Returning it is going to be a pain through the regular routes.  However if it doesn’t improve I’ll be going direct to Samsung as it’s clearly not fit for purpose.

Sleep tracking doesn’t work as it says “Sleep stages not measured” because it couldn’t get a consistent HR.  Looking in the Health app the HR readings were consistent.  Which is more than I can say about HR readings when you’re moving at all.  Fine if you’re sat still or on a bike but move and it can’t take a reading.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Was just about to go out and buy the 42mm myself as I heard good things about the S3. Reading this however just changed my mind.

Sorry about the guys who will have a problem returning the watch. But thank you for posting about the issues with batterylife so the people reading this don't make the same misstake.

Merry christmas!

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the 42mm. I get around 48hrs 

with very minimal use. Nowhere near what Samsung says. 

Husband has 46mm. He gets around 4 days with very minimal use. Also not even close to what samsung tries to sell it like. But, WAY better than what I get so worth it in the end by not having to wait 2 hours to charge it at usually inoportune times twice as often. I would not have bought smaller had I known what I know now.