cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userMvUqhmfPOU
Astronaut

Re: 42mm Galaxy Watch battery life

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the 46m with Wifi, NFC and Bluetooth turned off and barely getting 2 days worth of battery.

I previously had the Gear 3 Frontier and regularly got 3-4 days of battery lige with Bluettoth on.

Seriously not impressed with the battery life and now playng with settings to try and prolong its life to anywhere near the 4-7 days promised!!!

Shoddy

Highlighted
user3uU05KNSXY
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just received my wifi only 42mm edition on Saturday, and my battery life has been horrible. My brightness is at 1, wifi is off, nfc os off, I'm using a black watch face, always on is off, really the only draining feature I have on is constant HR because I want to use it for sleep tracking.  But I took it off the charger at 100% at 10:30am after a day of use and a 45 minute workout (its now 20:46) I'm at less than 50%. There's no way this is correct because by the time I go to bed it will be at maybe 10. So something is clearly wrong.  Samsung do you have any advice on fixing this issue because this is a fairly poor experience for a device advertised to last 4 days (I know user experience will vary but not this much).

userpz478cr9Cq
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a 42mm watch and I use it just to receive calls, text, and notifications. I might get 2 calls a day a few texts and 20 notifications. It lasts me around a day. Is this normal? I am thinking about returning it and getting something else. I saved up and purchased it with excitement. But I'm disappointed now.

userD2zt3sJlP5
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have had the 42mm version for just under a week and battery life is very poor.

I’ve been using it with frequent HR but today I tried it off completely and after 13hrs I’m at 10%.

BT on and connected to an iPhone 7.  Perhaps a dozen messages/notifications. No calls

Wi-Fi off

Location off

Want to extend battery life?  Go with low power mode.  Erm, no thanks.

The watch was a gift bought through Amazon a month ago.  Returning it is going to be a pain through the regular routes.  However if it doesn’t improve I’ll be going direct to Samsung as it’s clearly not fit for purpose.

Sleep tracking doesn’t work as it says “Sleep stages not measured” because it couldn’t get a consistent HR.  Looking in the Health app the HR readings were consistent.  Which is more than I can say about HR readings when you’re moving at all.  Fine if you’re sat still or on a bike but move and it can’t take a reading.

userUyKj11GBbO
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Was just about to go out and buy the 42mm myself as I heard good things about the S3. Reading this however just changed my mind.

Sorry about the guys who will have a problem returning the watch. But thank you for posting about the issues with batterylife so the people reading this don't make the same misstake.

Merry christmas!

userb8SEqgiQZx
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the 42mm. I get around 48hrs 

with very minimal use. Nowhere near what Samsung says. 

Husband has 46mm. He gets around 4 days with very minimal use. Also not even close to what samsung tries to sell it like. But, WAY better than what I get so worth it in the end by not having to wait 2 hours to charge it at usually inoportune times twice as often. I would not have bought smaller had I known what I know now. 

userHp4xanobLp
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have both. My 46mm bluetooth only gets WAY more life it seems than my wife's 42mm bluetooth. She was dead in a day and it threw me off b/c I assumed she get a similar amount that I was able to achieve. It makes sense that smaller size would have less battery, but 25% capacity compared to mine? I usually get 4 days. Started at getting about 5 but adding things is a give and take.

userD2zt3sJlP5
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I’ve had a play with the settings over Christmas and things seem to have improved.

With BT constantly on, HR measuring frequent and gps off I’ve managed to extend it from 12-14hrs to 2 days.

On my phone I’ve set the Galaxy watch app and Samsung health app to stop refreshing in the background.  I still get all alerts (text, WhatsApp, calendar, news etc.) but the apps were obviously doing something to drain the battery.

Sleep tracking remains a joke, even with the recent software update.  However at least I can get something useful out of the watch and won’t be returning it.

useru0MqZOeOl0
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Please Help

How do you get the 2 apps to stop refreshing in the background from your phone? I’ve searched all buttons in the Samsung galaxy watch phone app and can’t figure this out. Is it a function from your phone settings?

Thanks!
Phantasma
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My Bluetooth version lasted 1.5 day with light usage, AOD. Doing some more testing hoping to get 2+ day now.

Setting - Dark color watchface, AOD, gesture on is turn OFF, bezel on is ON. Most primary notification is SYNC. Location is Off. So far it seem to drain 3%-4% per hour... When I sleep I have nightmode on which by itself drain 8-10%....

Btw how do I turn auto HR off?.... Once I'm done with this testing, gonna try other watchface for less power consumption as well as not playing too much with the wearable apps on the phone to see if better result